We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinel Beach from Cruise Ship Terminal

Boca Raton FL
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Pinel Beach from Cruise Ship Terminal

We are going to be in St. Maarten. Exactly how do you get to Pinel beach from terminal...How long does it take? We have been to St. Maarten a number of times and just want a quiet few hours on a beach...with facilities, toilet, beach chairs etc. If we go to Pinel Beach will we be stuck there or is there an easy way to get back?

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pinel Beach from Cruise Ship Terminal

blueize...to answer your question about getting the taxi driver to come back for pick-up without paying them: i just had a conversation with my sister, that has been to st. martin 4 times, getting tips from her as i'm leaving for there this sunday. she said that it is common practice for the taxi driver to drop you off here or there, come back at a certain time to take you back to your hotel and you pay on the return trip. according to the driver she spoke to, he said that rarely do they get ripped off. i hope you'll take the trip to Pinel Island...it sounds lovely. have fun.

Worldwide Traveler
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Pinel Beach from Cruise Ship Terminal

nogreatmischief--- Thanks for the help. Being from NYC this is something I am not accustomed to. I now have a house in Lancaster PA where it is common to give your house key to the repair guy, leave, comeback to find the job finished, cleaned up and the bill on the table with the repair guy long gone. Oh, the key is either in the mailbox or on the table with the bill.

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pinel Beach from Cruise Ship Terminal

you're welcome blueize...i hope it works out for you to visit pinel island. we did the same recently in barbados, twice we had the driver return for us and we paid on the return trip. it is nice to live in a place where you can trust the people you hire, especially when working in your own house.

14. Re: Pinel Beach from Cruise Ship Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten