We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Maarten trip report

Montserrat
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
St. Maarten trip report

We have just returned from a very short 2 day trip to St. Maarten and had a wonderful time. We rented a car from Leisure Car Rental (see that review on the travel forum) and that was an extremely pleasant experience.

We stayed at Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort where we had stayed on our honeymoon 12 years ago. They have done a good deal of renovations since then and the hotel looks very nice. The room was big and quite comfortable. All hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was nice and the guavaberry coladas are the best!

We had dinner one night at Jimbo's Rock and Blues Cafe. Very tasty mexican food and margaritas. Beware of the fish bowl margarita, however. They are huge!!

Our second day was spent shopping in Phillipsburg - lots to buy!

The trip was much too short but we had a great time.

OIB, NC
Level Contributor
725 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Maarten trip report

Glad you enjoyed your very short stay.

JImbo's is a cool place.

Thanks for posting.

Sunnyvale...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Maarten trip report

I'm glad you had a good time, but 2 days?! I haven't even unpacked after 2 days, then a few days to figure out where I am or what's going on, and then we start to have a really good time! :-)

3. Re: St. Maarten trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, October 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten