We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in St. Maaten

Atlanta
5 posts
Save Topic
Car rental in St. Maaten

Has anyone ever heard of Tropical Tropicana Car Rental in St. Maarten? We want to rent the car at the airport and will be staying at Dawn Beach club villas in 2 weeks.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

Yes, they are well known on the island. I have never used them but you can't go wrong with any of the local rent a car companies on the island of which there are many.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

Haven't used them. We used payless everytime and never had any issues so we never switched.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

They have an excellent reputation. I wouldn't hesitate.

Atlanta
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

Thank you all. I have reserved a car!

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

I have used Tropical Tropicana every time I go to SXM. Arriving 8/6/11 for my 5th trip and have never had any problems! Mickey meets you at the airport and when you are leaving you just park the car and leave the keys...GREAT service and very friendly staff...never had any issues with "damage" as others have posted with some of the other car rental companies....have a great trip!

West Chester...
Level Contributor
178 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

what about thrifty? we are staying at oyster bay and i heard that thrifty has a location at the property. Any opinions?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

Do a search here. Thrifty has a terrible reputation and I would avoid it.

West Chester...
Level Contributor
178 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

thanks for the heads up.i will rethink ..

9. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, July 29, 2011
Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
437 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car rental in St. Maaten

Dollar Rent a Car / Thrifty Car Rental is fantastic. They have a desk at Oyster Bay. We stayed there a month back on our time share. David there is great. As a matter of fact, all their staff very friendly and helpful.

Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten