We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

hamilton
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

Hi i would like to know what are the prices for the trip's to Anguilla and St Bart's, and if anyone known what the best locations on these 2 place's? Thank's

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,727 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

Everyone has a favorite place and or travel provider.

www.stmaartenconcierge.com/islands.html

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

mikey .....are you looking to stay or just a day trip from sxm....they sure are two different places from es cuba

hamilton
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

I guess I'm looking more for a day trip just to have a peak around the island's and get some good shots with the camera and enjoy some beach time.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,727 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

Check the link I posted above for excursions to various islands. Many resorts activities desks will suggest package deals to these islands. These packages usually include the boat trip over and back, open bar/snacks on board, transport and tour on the island, lunch and a visit to a popular beach. These delas will save you $ $ $ against doing it all on your own, as well as time and energy and most important, hassles.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

hi mikey, you can do a day trip to anguilla for about 150-200 that would include ferry, car rental or taxi, lunch and a few rum punches...st barts add another 100. ferry from marigot to anguilla about 20 min and to st barts from marigot 1 1/2 usually rough going over but wonderful coming back ....anguilla is a scrubby little island with beautiful beaches and some really good beach bars (noticed your beer)...st barts is hilly and with small mountains and some nice beaches and some really high end shops and french culture, having been to cuba, anguilla and st barts if i, and this is just my opinion , would choose st barts, as it is so different in culture than the other two..gustavia the capital of st barts is really wonderful.... hope this helps....any other questions let me know......

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

Missed taking a side trip to St. Barth's on our last SXM vacation. We didn't make our reservations ahead of time and the tours were full -- So I can't give an opinion on that -- can't wait to go next time though.

Love Shoal Bay East on Anguilla. We've been there twice and the beach is incredibly beautiful. First time we had lunch at Gwen's, and the second time at Uncle Ernie's -- love the food and beach at both.

St Martin / St...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

Anguilla and St. Barts are very different from each other - as you probably know, but you have a number of options.

St. Bart's:

There are 2 ferries, one from Bobby's Marina, Philipsburg (Great Bay Express) and the other from Simpson Bay (Voyager). Alternatively, you can take a Swaliga 2 day charter out of Bobby's Marina.

Great Bay Express leaves daily at 9.30am and gets back at 6.30pm (5.30 from St. Bart's) A day return is €60 or $85 approx?

Voyager leaves at about 8.00 am and costs about $65

Swaliga 2 is a day trip that goes to St. Bart's on Wednesday and Friday - cost $99 + ports fees of $15. Although it's the more expensive option, it's still worth considering, given what you get for your money. It leaves Bobby's Marina (check in 8.00 am - return about 4.30). It generally arrives in Gustavia ahead of the ferries, so you get first pick of the taxis if you want a round island tour (about $12 per person or $50 for a private hire). You have the morning - until early aftenoon at leisure, with time to explore and have lunch. St. Bart's, being French, closes for most of the afternoon so it can get a bit boring. Swaliga picks you up at about 2.30 to go to snorkel at Columbier beach or Ile Fourché before heading "home". There is an open bar on board and snorkel gear is included.

Anguilla:

The best bit of Anguilla is the coast line and the beaches. There is a ferry out of Marigot at $10 each way. (Caution: the taxi to/from Marigot can erode this saving unless you are staying there.) It goes to Blowing Point and you will probably need another taxi when you get there to take you to a beach: Shoal Bay is popular. By the time you add in lunch, you have probably spent as much as you would on a day tour?

There are a number of big "Cats" that go to Anguilla - Prickly Pear. They all offer roughly the same thing - a day on the water and lunch at Prickly Pear - one stop only (prices are from about $85 p.p. to $109, including lunch) There are port fees and marine park fees per person at about $12 - $15 depending. Departure point varies depending on which tour you book.

Swaliga 2 goes to Anguilla on Tuesdays and Thursdays - from Philipsburg. It goes to three different beauty spots on the Anguilla coast: Crocus Bay, Prickly Pear and Sandy Island. Great photo opportunities! You still get the famous BBQ lunch at Prickly Pear included, open bar and all snorkel gear. Cost is $109 + taxes.

You can check all the tours out on Trip Advisor - they're all rated, as far as I know. Swaliga 2 was No 1 but has recently been knocked off top spot to No 2 by her sister company Caribbean Dive College.

Also note:Swaliga 2 is not run by Blue Bubbles - not for over a year although they still advertise it (falsely, because you can't book through them) - you should book through get-wet-sports.com or email bcass1@aol.com (Capt Bob).

Oh and just one thing more - I've given you my best info on prices but you do need to check directly with the operators.

Jane

hamilton
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

Thanks everyone for the info, just booked for maho and i can't wait! Will be the first trip down and it is mind boggling on the amount of side trips you can do down there.

9. Re: Trip's to Anguilla & St Barth's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, November 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten