We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Which Silver Sands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
611 posts
42 reviews
Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Planning fway ahead for large amily gathering in winter of 2014. There might be 11 - 14 adults ranging from 21 - 67.

Anyone stayed at Endless Summer and Pineapple Villa ?

Both have 7 bedrooms/7 baths. and have pool. But Endless is on the beach ( not the swimming beachfrom what I've been told ) and Pineapple Villa is a short walk away from the beach.

Pros and cons of each for our group?

We love to swim and snorkel (But from the shore and hoping not to have to take boat out to snorkel.) Some like tennis and pingpong. 2 just lie to hang around,read and listen to the waves by the pool.

How are the staff at these villas?

Thanks!

49 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
1 post
1 review
41. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

We own the lot next door to Endless Summer and Prem is correct that all excavation must be done by December 15th. After that there will be normal construction, but not excavation. We love Endless Summer and in choosing between Pineapple and ES, (which is of course a great problem to have since they are wonderful villas), the question for us in the past has been how close can we be to the beach. At ES we are ON the beach. We enjoy dinners by the ocean when the weather permits. We launch kayaks or go snorkelling right off the beach. For swimming, you will want to go to the main swimming beach a couple of hundred yards to the east. The beach in front of our lot and ES is coral. Great for snorkelling, but not for swimming. We have been coming to Silver Sands for over 20 years and our sister in law who grew up in Kingston came as a child. It is truly a wonderful, slow paced family place. Hope you enjoy!

Jamaica
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
42. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

We own Quadrille in Silver Sands and I saw your questions regarding the steps to the beach. There are 61 steps, with a Gazebo half way up...in case someone is "tired" LOL...honestly, my husband and I are older and it is a very easy climb. You can always get to the beach from our steps, even if the tide is in, and depending on the season we can even have a 20 ft beach! If you google Quadrille you can see our own website that has loads of photos. The east end of Silver Sands is more private and quiet, but Silver Sands is always quiet!!!!

Unfortunately I see you need more than 4 bedroom so our villa woild not work, but our photos would give you a feel for that side of Silver Sands. Silver Sands is great and there are many nice villas there!

Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
11 reviews
43. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Islandhome we have a wonderful picture of your gates. We will be there end of April my wife and I just haven't decided which villa yet.

Jamaica
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
44. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Awesome!!!!! Enjoy your vacation!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
45. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Mary K, I just returned from Silversands and we are curious if you will be renting your villa in the future. It looks like you are going to have an endless pool. We stayed next door in Endless Summer and were watching the construction on your villa. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful house and the location is great. How many bedrooms is it going to have? The construction kept my father in law occupied the entire trip. He likes watching other people work!

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
46. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

We have stayed at Pineapple Villa, Endless Summer and Blue Moon. We will be staying at Endless Summer for the 4th time next summer because it is a really nice house, we actually love the beach front. The swimming beach is not far at all. But, the staff at endless summer was by far the best in terms of the cooking! The food was delicious, the cooks were very accommodating and we were able to set our meal times. The staff at pineapple Villa is off at 5pm and that is it,,,unless you want to pay them for over time. Rushing back to the house to eat dinner at 5pm, especially after hanging out on the beach and touring was kind of a bummer. Also, the owner of Endless Summer is fantastic! Prem is a very welcoming and communicative owner. He does not have his house listed with a property management group. He takes care of everything himself and is very professional.

New York
Level Contributor
611 posts
42 reviews
47. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Kristin

Your information helps us to make a decision. We've decided on beachfront property that is away from neighbors and offer some peace/quiet. Walking 5 mins to swimming beach is ok w/us. But your comment about the staff being flexible is important to us. We would never keep anyone working later than 7:30pm and they would not have to start before 8:30am.

Having to rush home to eat dinner bec the staff has to leave by 5pm would not work for us. We never eat that early and on vacation we prefer to eat dinner bit later. I really appreciate this info, No other TA who wrote about Pineapple Villa (& I've spoken w/owner several times) has mentioned this.

The ownerof PV is very nice and having her other home Duke's Hideaway totally redone /expanded to 6 bedrooms/6 baths with a pool on the top of home ( 3 rd floor). I have not seen or heard anything about this renovation. If anyone has any info on the 'renovated/expanded' DUke's let us know.

Unfortiunately, I lost the PV's owner's phone# and email address when my systme crashed in spring.

Thanks again for all your advice! So glad you had a great time in Endless Summer!

Ottawa Ontario
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
48. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

We've stayed at Pineapple Viila several times and the staff has never left at 5p.m We usually have dinner around 6 or 6:30. They are a great group and always happy to accommodate. We will be staying at the brand new Duke's in February and have received several updates about the building progress. Already looking forward to our annual relaxing vacation at Silver Sands!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
49. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Mary K., Is your property available for renting? We stayed at Endless summer in Feb last year and my in laws are returning this summer to Pineapple Villa. I am planning a trip down there next year and we heard from some of our friends who went to Silversands that your property is beautiful.

Reply to: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted