We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap hotel ?

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
cheap hotel ?

we usually stay at Puri Bali and whilst it is quite budget....is clean and has lovely pool and wonderful staff.

However they are wanting to charge 300 000rp this time and I am not sure it is worth that.

We like to be near shops to wander and browse and chat.

We go primarily to visit our sponsor child in singaraja so we are usually there for 2 nights.

Anyone have any ideas....reviews aren't looking too flash with the cheaper end hotels and a bit too pricey for the higher end ones.

Ta.

Sydney
Level Contributor
111 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap hotel ?

Hi,

That's a bit steep from the Puri Bali. I've stayed there a few times and usually only 130,000Rp. The pool really makes it worth staying there.

Have you checked out the Villa Agung Beach Inn. Should be 150,000Rp per night. www.agungvilla.com

Or there is a list of the hotels in Lovina here:

www.walkaboutindonesia.com/lovina.htm

Shame about Puri Bali as I do like that place. No way of bargaining them down?

Perth
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap hotel ?

Thanks for that, i have emailed. have you stayed there? looks nice.

I have emailed Puri Bali back and asked for the stated rate on their website of 250 000 but they never reply.

I don't usually have this problem either, they are very prompt as a rule.

Might be time for a change....

Sydney
Level Contributor
111 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap hotel ?

I've not stayed at Villa Agung as always stay at Puri Bali, just know it's around the same price as Puri Bali.

i've always just turned up to Lovina without reserving anything and always gotten into Puri Bali. Had the whole place to myself a few times in June so don't think you'll have problems going and checking out Villa Agung or Lovina Beach Hotel as well and deciding when you arrive.

Keep working on Puri Bali!

Perth
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap hotel ?

Thanks

I am usually a very organised person....but for once I might wing it.

Perth
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap hotel ?

Puri bali not budging on price....we do have our daughter with us...but have never paid that much before.

The others have not replied either.....will definately be winging it now i think.

Port Lincoln...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap hotel ?

Stayed for 12 nights in room 9, Delux A for 280,000 for two of us.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap hotel ?

We stayed at Villa Agung a few times but that was a few years ago. Manager was lovely. Rooms nice, pool area nice.

8. Re: cheap hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 06, 2010