We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taman Burung Villa Lovina

UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Taman Burung Villa Lovina

Hello

Has anybody stayed at the Taman Burung Villa in Lovina Bali ?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

I'm going there in April 2009 with my family so I'll report back, but I'd love to hear about the place too if anyone else has been there.

I'd also be interested whether there are any other recommendations of other places to visit in the area.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

Many Thanks.

We head there in July 2009.

It all looks very good , but your feedback would be great.

Cheers.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

Any news on the visit ?

Thanks.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

We arrived back in the UK yesterday, having enjoyed a wonderful stay at Taman Burung.

It is always a worry booking a holiday purely on the basis of the owner's website as you have no guarantee that the images and the description are honest, but I have to say that we were all delighted and the villa's website does not do justice to the accommodation offered.

We were a party of eight adults, one teenager and six children aged between 4 and 10 and the accommodation suited us perfectly. 6 well sized, air conditioned villas, all with their own beautiful outdoor bathrooms were clean and comfortable. Plus a thatched "hut" on stilts was a great adventure for the two oldest children.

Two good-sized swimming pools one with a swim up bar, plenty of sun beds and shade to get out of the sun.

The staff could not have done more to help, feeding us whatever we asked for, at times to suit us. They were all incredibly friendly and accommodating.

The villa is to be found about 10 minutes drive up into the hills above Lovina, so spontaneous trips into town were not possible, but if planned in advance the transport was efficient. A moped was also available, but after a nasty accident involving three members of our party, I would not advise this.

The only downside was that we were unable to pay our bill by credit card which meant a trip to the local bank ATM on our last day. As the cash machine had a limit of 1,000,000 rupiah (about £65) and our bill came to approximately 50,000,000 this meant lots of time at the ATM and lots of individual withdrawal charges. We had asked for the bill to be calculated a few days prior to the end of the holiday so that we could visit a larger bank in nearby Singaraja, but this never happened. We were also surprised by the bill for various trips to and from Lovina, which we had not understood or had not been explained to us correctly.

Overall we had a fantastic stay at Taman Burung and I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Jon

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

I've uploaded more details and some photos to my blog at

dinnerathome.co.uk/blog/2009/04/villa-taman-…

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

Hi baggies,

Hope you had a great time in Bali.

We are headed to the Taman Burung Villa in mid September. I have just read Jon's really informative post,(cheers Jon). I was wondering if you could give us a bit more information on the villa, costs incurred drinks etc, activites, excursions, Lovina itself etc?

Anything you really liked/disliked anything we should avoid?

Many Thanks

Ats

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

Hi! I'd like to hear how the Baggies got on too!

Did you check out the blog (address above) as there are photos too!

Jon

manchester
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

absolutely amazing place and the staff were totally wonderful. Bar was about 75 p for cokes etc..we had taken our own gin. Absolutely no complaints at all. very clean, food exceptional, pools out of this world. We paid 6 million rupeea (£420) for food for 4 of us for 2 weeks..and what food..breakfast lunch and evening meal. tea coffee any time..choc biscuits in the jar!!

For the use of the van and Made who drove us £116 for the 2 weeks for the 4 of us. (we were 13 altogether)

We did not drink or use water from the taps..there are water dispensers..and no tummy problems at all.

The staff are amazing, they have very basic lives and rely on generous tips which we gave willingly. Nothing was too much trouble and we do have a couple of thank you notes, which if you don't mind, we would appreciate you giving them. it seems that posting anything to bali is uncertain to find the right destination. You will have the holiday of a lifetime..its even better than it looks on the pics!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

Hello again

I've just had a look at your blog Jon, the pictures are amazing! Only four weeks now till we leave - I cant wait now!

Thanks for the information ManchesterWardies - very much appreciated, If you would like me to take the thank you notes just send me a personal message on here, and wel see what we can do.

Thanks again to you both

Atish

manchester
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Taman Burung Villa Lovina

Can i send you a couple of photos to take to the staff. Would it be best if I gave you my phone number?

Julia