We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovina Info

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lovina Info

What's the story on Lovina? I hear it is a nice little place, away from the noise of the big beaches and is quiet and pleasant. I looked at the hotels and as best as I can tell the Damai Villas look the nicest...any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations???Thanks

bodegraven holland
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovina Info

just a few miles west of lovina are beautifull villas for rent,mostly owned by dutch people. Look at the dutch website : www.balistartpagina.nl and look under villas . for several pictures of these villas. prices are around $ 1000 per week including staff

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovina Info

Hi,

Yes the Damai Lovina Villas are the niceest, but they are also very inaccessible. If you stay there, you're pretty much stuck. You have to have your meals there - unless of course you get them to call you a taxi or you have your own transport to get out ot the main area. While it's not out in the styx, you can't walk out there in 10 minutes. Lovina, is, in general quieter than the touristy south of Bali already, so I think that the hotels in Lovina are pretty OK, just that they aren't very "luxuroous". Then again, the Damai VIllas, while they are pretty, can look a bit dated to some people, because the wood is a bit weathered, so some people don't like that.

dys
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
333 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lovina Info

Hi there, is it worth visiting Lovina's beaches? Are they open to public? I've read that it's some kind of an idyllic laidback beach town. As I won't be spending a night there (I'll be staying near Kuta), and my day trips to Ubud and Betugul & Kintamani do not cover the area, I'm not sure if it's worth a separate trip to Lovina. Please advise, thanks!

dys

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lovina Info

Hi dys,

I don't think it's worth a day trip up to Lovina just for the beaches, but yes, they are open to the public. In general, the beaches in Bali is very much like the beaches at Sentosa. They don't have white sand and different shades of crystal clear blue water, like those in Thailand. So I don't think it's worth making a trip there just for the beaches.

However, they do have dolphin watching there (in the morning though!!) and if you are around that area, then I'd say yes, drop by Lovina because it does have a nice laid back feel to it.

Hope this helps.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lovina Info

Oh! I forgot to mention that I think the beaches are black sand beaches. i can't remember. I didn't go to the beaches when I was there last year though. The last time I went to the beach in Lovina was some time back.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lovina Info

Thanks Jade-

Two more questions please. I wanted to stay in Lovina as a change of pace from down south. Is it worth anight and where would you recommend (honeymoon)

Also where is the best place to go fishing from?

dys
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
333 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lovina Info

Thanks jade_du. I'll ask my driver if there'll be time to drop by, or else I'll have to give it a miss. Maybe I'll just stick to my day trips and also around the south.

Sentosa's beaches are really convenient to visit but they're overcrowded with teenagers. Lol!

dys

blackpool england
Level Contributor
129 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lovina Info

need advice on lovina check out my review ..... click this link

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g469403-r675…

Wales
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Lovina Info

I have got to agree with sangronan. I have been to lovina for three to five weeks every August since 1997! Everyone is different and so will choose a different place to stay especially as it is 15 km of beach. I like to stay in the centre at Kalibukbuk and you can see the dolphins, snorkel or go fishing right off the beach. My choice of hotel is Rambutan cottages, two pools, a good restauran near to all the nightlife.

You can pay anything from $15 for budget up to $155 for a luxery 4 person villa. www.trambutan.org.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lovina Info

I am not a fan of Lovina. The black sand beaches are unattractive and there are too many vendors selling dolphin trinkets. I think is better to stay in the accomdations around Denpasar (but not in Denpasar!)

A day drive around the area is good enough and fun to drive over the mountain.