We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with 3 days in Amboseli

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Help with 3 days in Amboseli

Hello,

I have been trying to find a way to visit Amboseli other than on a private tour as I will be travelling this route on my own.

My preference is to fly in, stay 2 nights and then cross over to Tanzania via the shuttle.

I emailed a number of the lodges for availibility and to see how I could join a game drive and culutral visit with other people through them but have not heard back from anybody.

I see a lot of private tours offered but I don't want a private tour, I want to join others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Mentioned in this post
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help with 3 days in Amboseli

I meant in total. I think you'd find a seat, but getting from Amboseli to Namanga to hook up would be the problem. Of course there's plenty of other traffic, including local matatus, not just the matatus and buses that do the Nairobi-Arusha shuttle.

Richard

Mentioned in this post
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Help with 3 days in Amboseli

Thanks for clarifying.

And, I know that road Amboseli/Namanga all too well.... not pleasant, to say the least.

13. Re: Help with 3 days in Amboseli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 16, 2013