We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

I am doing a safari starting in Arusha in March. My airline flies in to Nairobi (8pm) and I thought I could take advantage of 2 days in Amboseli before heading off to Arusha.

My questions are:

1. how do I get from Nairobi to Amboseli? will I book a tour operator for pick up from Nairobi or do I make my own way there, if so how, and join a tour when I arrive?

2. how do I get to Arusha? With the tour operstor or can i get transport from Amboseli otherwise?

Any suggestions for tour operators who take groups are also greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

I am also open to flying from Nairobi to Amboseli.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
133 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

You can book a Safari to Amboseli with a tour Operator and after Amboseli you connect to a shuttle bus at Namanga border point.The shuttle bus ply between Nairobi and Arusha and are used by tourist and are very reliable.

Nairobi, Kenya
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

Hi Agent,

Migration safari is Right. Book a Safari with a Local tour operator and head for Amboseli then after yours days in Amboseli the drive will drom you at Namanga Border for your Visa. you have two options.

1. Private transfer to Arusha which is between $ 80 - $100.

2. Your tour operator can organize your pick-up at Namanga Border at 11:30 am and the cost is in between $ 15 - $ 20

Hope this helps you!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

Option 2 sounds pretty good to me!

Are there any tour operators recommended where I can join a group?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

Hello..

Destination is very correct about all that. To my knowledge there are few companies that organize joining tours to amboseli and also joing safaris turn to be worst for your holiday.. in TA we have read this issues and I would prefer do it on a private tour. Ask qoutes in this companies y they are reputable in TA and other travel forums.

NATURAL WORLD TOURS ( www.naturaltoursandsafaris.com )

THE DESTINATON CONSULTANTS. INC ( kenyatanzaniasafari.com )

GRANT AND CAMEROON ( classicafricansafaris.com )

Try those companies and you will tell us your experience.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

Did you have any luck making this route happen? I'm hoping to do the same plan this summer and would love any suggestions/advice you have to share. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

No I didn't unfortunately.

8. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:28 am, May 05, 2013
9. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

10. Re: Nairobi to Amboseli to Arusha