We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya - Tanzania (Amboseli and Serengeti) in 7 days

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
12 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Kenya – Tanzania (Amboseli and Serengeti) in 7 days

Hi,

I am planning to go to KenyaTanzania (Amboseli and Serengeti) 7 days.

1) I am travelling in March. Is this time of the year good?

2) Which are the pros and cons of these areas in comparison to other reserves?

3) My second option is Kalahari Dessert, Okavango Delta and Victoria Falls in Botswana. Which are the differences with Kenya and Tanzania?

4) Is it possible to see the migration in Serengeti at this time of the year?

5) Any other recommendation?

Thank you!

Mana

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya – Tanzania (Amboseli and Serengeti) in 7 days

Hello

March 2013 is not good for Kenya, as we have elections.

Why do you want Amboseli and Serengeti? It might be better to stick to one country, as you will waste a day in terms of travel from Kenya to Tanzania.

Botswana is usually more expensive then Kenya. What is your budget, and what do you want to see?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
12 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya – Tanzania (Amboseli and Serengeti) in 7 days

Hi Road Warrior Africa,

I was recommended to go to Amboseli and Serengeti. But also I have heard that Ngorongoro, Masai Mara and Lake Manyara is interesting.

It‘s my first trip to Africa so I am interested in seeing African wildlife, the safari experience and in African culture.

I would like to know which the differences between these two areas are.

Would be a similar or different experience? Is the fauna pretty the same?

First I want to decide where to go and then I will see how much will cost the trip.

Thanks,

Mana

3. Re: Kenya – Tanzania (Amboseli and Serengeti) in 7 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:37 am, April 30, 2013
manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenya – Tanzania (Amboseli and Serengeti) in 7 days

With only 7 days its probably better to visit just one country. Because of the elections in Kenya, at thet time, you would probably be safest to opt for Tanzania. Ngorongora, Manyara and Serengeti are all superb.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenya – Tanzania (Amboseli and Serengeti) in 7 days

For March 2013, stick to Tanzania, as we don;t know what will happen in Kenya.

To move from Tanzania to Kenya or V.V. can take a full day out of your schedule.

The Mara is an extension of the Serengeti. Ngorongoro IMHO is a waste of time. Lake Manyara is beautiful. In Kenya, I do love the Laikipia area, as well as Samburu, Meru National Park and Shaba.

Let us know what you decide.

RWA

6. Re: Kenya – Tanzania (Amboseli and Serengeti) in 7 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 23, 2013