We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dolphin again...

Which Lovina Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malaysia
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
dolphin again...

hi guys..

hoping to travel to bali next year january, i wonder january is a good season to watch dolphin in lovina?

will there be monsoon season in the month of january and the sea become rough?

thanks in advance!

Sydney
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: dolphin again...

Hi,

Never been to Bali, but my 1st time will be in Oct.

I found this, so not sure if this appeals to you.

http://www.balidolphins.com/#home

Goodluck.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: dolphin again...

I just cross this website.

…wordpress.com/lovina-north-bali-dolphin-tri…

Maybe this company can tell you some information.

Lovina
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: dolphin again...

I think you can see the dolphins in Lovina pretty much all year round. I think you would have to be very unlucky to not see any.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dolphin again...

Whether you see dolphins or not - it is a bit of an experience to go out in the boats. We went a fortnight ago. Cost about 70,000 Rp each I think. The sunrise is amazing. Your accommodation could probably give you more info. But I'd do it anyway :)

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dolphin again...

Just came back from Bali and had the BEST time in Lovina. If you have the opportunity to go Dolphin Watching: GO! It's an amazing experience, saw SO many dolphins and just the whole atmosphere of being on this tiny boat with the orange-ball-of-sun rising in the back - JUST amazing!

Here is contact info of one of the captains, such a nice guy - he stopped the boat and gave us Balinese Coffee & Pisang Goreng (Fried Banana) in the middle of the ocean.

Km. Layur, Captain: 085 237 405 175 - He is also doing Sunset, Fishing and Snorkeling Tours with his boat. (Boat's name: 05). It's only Rp60 000, but tip the man...because it worth SO MUCH more!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dolphin again...

hiya can you tell me how far out the boat goes? im not good with boats but would love to go see the dolphins

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dolphin again...

Quite far out - but really, no waves whatsover, it's like a dam/river. Can't believe that the ocean is so flat there. In the beginning you might feel a little bit uncomfortable and holding on, but after a while you'll sit with your feet hanging over the side of the boat. It's really laid-back!!

You should do that - it's amazing, at some places you can see the blue coral from the boat, it looks like small blue lights.

I will do the dolphin trip over and over again!

And make sure to stay a night or so in Lovina, amazing atmosphere there!!

Edited: 7:53 am, August 23, 2011
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dolphin again...

hiya antjies thanks for the reply my brother has built a villa in lovina so im staying there ,,dont know about the feet over the side of the boat!!!, is it a big boat ?

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dolphin again...

Ahh awesome! You'll definitely have a wonderful stay in Lovina - so much better than Southern Bali!

No, it's a small boat, fishermans boat, about 4-6people will fit in the boat. Just wide enough so that you can sit. It's great really! I assure you that it's not fast or anything! Amazing experience!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dolphin again...

ok i think youv convinced me !! any idea what the weather mite be doing middle september ?? last time i went it rained an got ate alive with mozzies !!

Get answers to your questions about Lovina Beach