We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovina - Dolphins - April/May worth it?

Which Lovina Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lovina - Dolphins - April/May worth it?

Hey trying to plan our honeymoon for late April/may nx year and wondered if it's worth stopping In lovina to see the dolphins? I no this is a early start but hopefully worth it? Do we actually get to swim with them? Rough price?

I'd probably stay two nights. My plan is to go there from Sanur then onto ubud, does that sound ok? Or is there a better way to do it?

Any hotels which are recommended?

Many thanks again!!!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovina - Dolphins - April/May worth it?

Hi jenjen21,

I went to Lovina last year and went out on the outrigger boats (departing 6-30am) to see the dolphins (no swimming with them). The cost was Rp75,000 -- don't let them charge more as it is a set price!!. I enjoyed it but there are some posts on Trip Advisor promoting the Sanur experience a bit more - as Lovina is a long way from the airport & Kuta. I stayed a couple of nights in Lovina which I enjoyed.

At the Melka Excellsior hotel in Lovina they have some captive bottle-nose dolphins that you can see perform and also swim with (Rp600,000 I think). Didn't like the small pools they were kept in...but what to do?

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovina - Dolphins - April/May worth it?

Hi! Thanks for your quick response! I'm starting my trip in Sanur maybe (or try Seminyak haven't decided yet!) so I might do the trip from Sanur. I did read the reviews from the hotel mentioned and although I'd love love love to swim with them I'm not sure that's the experience I'm after!

Thanks again!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lovina - Dolphins - April/May worth it?

My daughter did the hotel Dolphins last year in Lovina, was very expensive and not really enjoyable. Wished we knew about the Sanur experience sounds so much better. :)

Feel quite sorry for the poor dolphins in pool at Lovina

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,323 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lovina - Dolphins - April/May worth it?

Give Lovina a miss if you want to get up close and personal with dolphins. Bali Dolphins have a floating sea pen off the coast of Sanur. About 5 min boat ride. US$69 if getting in the pen with the dolphins. Take a look at their website

www.balidolphins.com

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lovina - Dolphins - April/May worth it?

Thank you for your recommendation I'm going to try the Sanur one as iv sewn some reviews on it and looks good, reasonable price! Thanks again, don't know what I'd do without this website!!!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,823 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lovina - Dolphins - April/May worth it?

yes the dolphin experience at sanur is a good option for you and IF you like turtles you can also visit the turtle rehabilitation centre at serangan (sanur)

7. Re: Lovina - Dolphins - April/May worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Lovina Beach