We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovina Beachfront Restaurant?

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
63 reviews
71 helpful votes
Lovina Beachfront Restaurant?

Hello

Can anyone please recommend a good warung in Lovina where you can sit directly on the beachfront or even better, with your toes in the sand?

Thank you :)

5 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
80 reviews
47 helpful votes
1. Re: Lovina Beachfront Restaurant?

From memory the only restaurant near or on the beach is Seabreeze. All the other ones are just off the beach.

There are a few on the beach but they are not central Lovina near the Dolphin statue.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
63 reviews
71 helpful votes
2. Re: Lovina Beachfront Restaurant?

Thank you Tim. :) I don't mind them being a bit farther out if they are worth going to.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
10,500 posts
61 reviews
91 helpful votes
3. Re: Lovina Beachfront Restaurant?

Alexandra, if you don't mind a few minutes drive, Villa Agung Beach Inn has an amazing restaurant, with tax inclusive prices. It's right on the beach, with just 3 steps down onto the sand. They also have a little "sunset" bar, which is lovely for a pre dinner drink.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
63 reviews
71 helpful votes
4. Re: Lovina Beachfront Restaurant?

Hi cbimages thanks for the recommendation, I have seen good reviews of that one. Quick question - the taxi/car situation confuses me in Bali. I have travelled in Asia a lot and you can always holler a tuk tuk, rickshaw or taxi to get from A-B even if a very short journey. Everything I read in Bali talks about hiring someone for a day or half a day and I read that there are not many taxis. If I am in Lovina town will I just be able to flag someone down to take me to Villa Agung Beach and to pick me up after to take me back to my hotel? Thank you :)

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
10,500 posts
61 reviews
91 helpful votes
5. Re: Lovina Beachfront Restaurant?

Alexandra, it depends on which area of Bali you are located. Metered taxis are readily available in the southern tourist areas, but not in Ubud. In Lovina there are no metered taxis, but there are bemos running along the main road that you can hail, or local drivers. Bemos generally stop running around 6pm though. And you'd need to know exactly where to get off as most drivers have no english.

In central Lovina, there are often drivers hanging around near the dolphin statue, you'd need to negotiate a price before getting in the car. Villa Agung used to charge 50,000 for central Lovina trip,so you could probably phone them and see if they could pick you up. Otherwise, if you have a driver for a day/half day, you could discuss with them a small extra fee to take you and pick you up afterwards.

Reply to: Lovina Beachfront Restaurant?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lovina Beach