We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovina Beach / Singaraja Town, Bali

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
71 reviews
50 helpful votes
Lovina Beach / Singaraja Town, Bali

DO NOT GO TO LOVINA OR SINGARAJA.

Lovina Beach is the filthiest place I’ve been to in Asia. The beach is a mass of rubbish, you cannot sit on it. The water is so full of garbage, you can’t swim in it. I was walking barefoot through shallow water and trod on what I thought was funny feeling seaweed, I looked down and I was standing on 100’s of items of other people’s clothing. They had been there so long and so waterlogged that they were stuck on the sea floor ..... gross!!, we’re outa there.!!

Singaraja Town is dusty, filthy and rubbish everywhere. The Shopkeepers make no effort to clean up the streets or the garbage outside their shops.

GIVE THIS DUMP A BIG MISS.

3 replies to this topic
Duncraig, Australia
Level Contributor
760 posts
714 reviews
451 helpful votes
1. Re: Lovina Beach / Singaraja Town, Bali

I’ve been to Lovina and it was lovely.

I’ll think you find with all rain of recent times , rubbish has been flushed out of the hills and out of the ocean plus there is lot of rubbish that flows out through the currents from Java too , it happens a lot this time of year and unfortunately it’s not going to get better in a hurry.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
61 reviews
91 helpful votes
2. Re: Lovina Beach / Singaraja Town, Bali

As above, we go to Lovina quite often and spend a week or two there. However, we don't bother with the beach, which I agree is not the best. Waste often gets dumped high in the holls, and bring on the wet season, and down it comes via the rivers and back into the ocean.

We also love Singaraja, but take it for what it is, not expecting it to conform to our idea of how clean a city should be.

Do yourself a favour, do not go to any the west coast beaches right now either....they also will be full of rubbish!

All of Bali has a garbage issue, we all know about it, and agree that things need to change. The rainy season just makes it a lot worse in some areas.

australia
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Lovina Beach / Singaraja Town, Bali

Pity you hadn’t taken your own advice given in a June, 2017.

Reply to: Lovina Beach / Singaraja Town, Bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lovina Beach