We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

I'm planning to go traveling in Thailand. But I'm kinda wondering where should I to go whether krabi or Phuket for relaxing. Beach and cheap are most recommended. I'm going alone and it's my first time traveling to oversea. Thanks a lot!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

From my own research . Krabi is the place to relax . Thats what we doing ourselves

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

koh lanta

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,196 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

Krabi for sure.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,221 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

There are places on both where you can relax. Since you have posted on the Railay Beach forum and depending on when you are thinking of going, Railay is neither relaxing or cheap! I are that Ko Lanta is more relaxing than both with a good range of budget options.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

Just back from my 3rd time in Railay. We usually go in low season when it is a lot quieter and very relaxing. Right now it is quite hectic with a lot of long tail boats doing day trips from Ao Nang.

That said it is still a very beautiful spot with the surrounding limestone karsts towering over you.

Price wise you can still get good deals on accommodation, as there are more fancy resorts that have been built on the East side now. Ayanavee had rooms for 400baht a night, compared to Railay Bay over 4000baht per night and top end Rayavadee is 120 000baht per night.

Drinks are more expensive as everything has to come in by boat. But food is about the same as mainland Krabi unless you eat in a fancy resort. If you can put your trip of until April I would still go for Railay.

If you go to Phuket stay away from Patong unless you are only going for Girly bars and McDonalds.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

You say they have rooms for 400 baht a night, that seems a lot cheaper than online. Would you suggest booking in advance or chancing it on the day?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,221 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

If it is a room in High Seson in the Anyavee Railay Resort for 400o baht that is an exceptional deal as they start at 2400 baht per night on their own website.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

It was on a sandwich board out the front.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

Just checked with the missus, the board was out the front the whole week 11-18 Jan 2014. I think they were struggling to compete with some of the newer places. Still a risk to turn up. Worth a phone call though. We have been to Railay Beach in the off season a couple of times and Railay Bay Resort have had a sandwich board out for rooms at half the price we have paid. Just to give you that "Ripped off" feel.

10. Re: Krabi or Phuket better for relaxing.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, February 14, 2014