We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort - Dive base?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort - Dive base?

Hi Guys,

Firstly thank you for taking time to read this post/question. And a big TY to those who take time to reply.

1.) Is December-February a bad time to dive in Lombok? Namely the Gili Islands?

2.) The more important question I have is: I intend to stay at the Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort if I do visit Lombok. How convenient or inconvenient will staying here be if I wish to dive? I am a loyal Starwood member so it must be really inconvenient, or the alternative must be really a level above and beyond the Sheraton to make me stay elsewhere.

Appreciate any thoughts on these 2 questions!

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort - Dive base?

Firstly the Sheraton Sengiggi is a great hotel, stayed there a couple of times.

It is located just on the edge of Sengiggi village - close to a big market and lots of places to eat.

Last time I stayed there - I ate mainly at the hotel - as the prices were very reasonable. Have great memories of seafood bbq on the beach on a Saturday night.

Sengiggi has lots of boats =and you should have no issues going out from there for dive trips, not being a diver cannot give you any real adivce on this.

A trip to the GIli is a must - but its a couple of hours by boat - as you head up the coast to Bangsal then across the the Gili. Fine for a day trip but if you wanted to dive there every day - you might be better to base yourself in the GIli - (however no Starwood properties there).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,142 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort - Dive base?

See my reply to your other post :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort - Dive base?

Hi....yes, the Sheraton really is a great place to stay in Sengiggi....great value, excellent food and top staff. As for diving, I dont dive but there are copious dive shops/agents in Sengiggi's main drag so getting out shouldnt be a problem. I'm guessing that the dates you are looking at are smack bang in the monsoon and over the very busy holiday period so you might end up paying top $ for flights and accom and not be able to get to dive sites due to weather.

4. Re: Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort - Dive base?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 01, 2014