We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

I would like to warn fellow travellers about Damri airport bus from Praya to Senggigi in LOMBOK.

My husband, daughter and I caught the bus last week. The bus was full of Indonesians and we were the only westerners on board. The bus stopped many times for people to depart and in the end we were the only ones left on the bus. Approx 5 kilometres out of Sengiggi the driver stopped and requested more money from us to drive us into town. He said there were no taxis where we were and the only way to town was to pay him. When I asked him how much, he said 150,000 Rupiah or approx $15. AU. (this was more $$ than the 1.5 hour trip from the airport.). He was quite rude and kind of scarry. I flatly refused and we got off the bus. Fortunately it was mid arvo and we did manage to get a ride to town for $2 with a taxi. (The driver had to turn his bus around on a very narrow road which was a dead giveway that this situation was not right). My warning to you is that the bus should drop you right in town at the bus stop at no extra cost and if I had been a female travelling alone I would have paid it to this dude to get me there quickly. I wonder how many others this has happened to in resent times.

Mentioned in this post
Senggigi
Senggigi
Lombok, Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Brisbane
Level Contributor
774 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

@ILLYRIA541 - It pays to do research on any destination you plan visiting let alone to work somewhere foreign. Never fear though that is why these forums exist so you can find out about top questions and popular posts on any given subject.

To clear the confusion the Selaparang Airport was officially closed in September 2011 & all International/Domestic flights transferred over to Bandara Udara Internasional Lombok airport. Although the airport code is still listed as mataram, you will in fact be flying into the new airport.

Having said that the old Selaparang airport is still currently active for aircraft maintenance & flying academies.

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
Fremantle, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

thank you you for clarifying re airports I wont be working as such only volunteering in a community, am taking over clothes, shoes, pens, pensilcs, paper for children and 6 surfboards

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

Be careful about mentioning volunteering if you are entering Indonesia on a tourist visa. Volunteering is still considered a form of work which is not permitted on a tourist visa.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

This is sacry! I am currently stranded at the airport right now thanks to my prepaid driver being 2 hours late and was thinking to get the DAMRI service to Senggigi instead. But then I read the post and now I think I will just wait for the driver to come (God knows when).

Mentioned in this post
Senggigi
Senggigi
Lombok, Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

One post from over a year ago, about. A service that hundreds of people use every week without incident.. I wouldn't let it stop me using the bus

16. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 am, November 21, 2014
17. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, February 13, 2015
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

Hi guys,

I am flying to Lombok in 10 days, I am travelling on my own. My flight arrives in the evening around 19.00 in Praya. Where would you suggest I stay the first night? Is getting to Senggigi by bus too risky at this time in the evening? I can only imagine that a taxi would be expensive, or how much would it be? Any suggestions? Ideally I would like to stay in a hostel to meet other people.

Thanks for the help guys!!

xxMelxx

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
Senggigi
Senggigi
Lombok, Indonesia
Brisbane
Level Contributor
774 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

Hi Melissa,

Please have a read around the Lombok forum for as these questions get asked & answered on the daily!

Have a look at catching a Bluebird Taxi:

Airport Zone 2 fee: Rp 17,500

Airport -> Senggigi: Rp 200,000+ - Bluebird Taxi

Have a look at a few accommodation options as they may be able to organize pickup as well.

Mentioned in this post
The Lombok Lodge
The Lombok Lodge
908 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Senggigi
Senggigi
Lombok, Indonesia
20. Re: Praya to Senggigi Damri airport bus

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2016