We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qunci Pool villas

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Qunci Pool villas

Hi I would like to book a few nights in the Qunci resort in October but have been told to make sure I book into the newer Qunci Pool Villas and not the older Qunci Villas. I am unable to see two different resorts so i am not sure which one is which. Is it the one complex? How do i make sure i am booking into the newer resort?

Thank you!

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Qunci Pool villas

Hi Saz362,

First, let me say welcome to Lombok! I think you'll really enjoy it here.

Yes, some people take the fast boat from Bali but for me, the airlines are easier and safer, especially in September when you will get stronger waves in the afternoons due to the southern winds we get in the summer that come up from Australia and cools down Indonesia.

Wings/Lion is good, as is Garuda which has recently added flights. I hesitate to tell you which one is better because the one I tell you to take will be the one that has the 2 hour delay the day of your flight! :-)

So both are reliable in that they get you to Lombok safely; both are equally unreliable that they will get you here on time.

As for the airport, the old airport is closed. All air traffic now comes into the new airport which, based on traffic, is +/- 1 hour from the hotel. Our driver (if you use our service) has an ipad with him with a slide show on Lombok and the hotel, plus pdf files on the restaurant & spa menus as well as other info.

Hope this helps and safe trip!

Scott

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Qunci Pool villas

hi scott, would like to check if we were to book now for november, will there be better discounts than what we book through the web?

thanks scott, lovely pictures, it's top of my list definitely

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Qunci Pool villas

Hi JaseWym,

Good Question!

First, let me explain a little about the changes in the hotel industry over the past year or 2:

Hotel reservations are going the way of airlines. The new system, first developed by American Airlines, to manage airline reservations was then adopted by Marriott and is now the industry standard. And what is that? It is all web based. No more brochure inserts with hotel rates; all prices are on the web and it changes daily based on demand and market factors.

The underlying concept: Prices NEVER go down. The airline industry learned the hard way that if expectations are that fares will go down, everybody waits to book. Creates havoc. So if rooms are still unsold later in the year, the "rule" is hotels "shouldnt" (but it does happen sometimes) hotels shouldnt reduce rates. You give something extra like a spa treatment. But the price of the room stays the same or rises.

So the prices you see on our web site will ALWAYS be the best price that you can get.

And I again I repeat "the best" price (give a $1 or 2). The new hotel systems get tied into the OTA (on-line travel agents) systems DIRECTLY so everybody has "rate parity"., that is everybody is offering the same "best" rate. This is all new in the industry so a few glitches may make the final price slightly different between Qunci and an on-line internet travel agent, but basically the prices are the same. (One glitch here on TA when showing prices is that on-line agents have their prices BEFORE tax and service while Qunci has it prices showing the price BEFORE tax ONLY. But if you look at the final price it is the same and TA and the provider of our service is working to correct this anomaly).

So the on-line agents have the "history" with the public that they are cheaper BUT this is just no-longer true. And now clients (and hotels) have the advantage that if you book directly you can (i) talk directly to the hotel and let us know special requests and more importantly (2) we can give special deals - like an airport pick up that makes your "final" price better than the on-line agent.

Like what kind of special? Many hotels such as Qunci offer Early Bird Specials - book AND PAY at least 30 days in advance and get 15% off.

The Early Bird special has 1 significant condition: you cant cancel the reservation nor change the dates. But if you are 100% certain you are going (or can get cheap travel insurance to cover the risk) you will save 15% booking early with us. That is 15% off that days rates that you see on the web page. Once a week our reservations department reviews our reservations an demand and adjusts rates - and as stated above,the movement is always up. As our room rates rise, so does the Early Bird rate, albeit still with a 15% discount.

So as for November, the best rates are right now on the web site. That being said, we are just getting up to speed on these industry changes such that, for November, we were LATE and only just now added our Early Bird specials, which are our best rates. My team "caught up" (smile) and just added EB specials for November, December, Jan as well for February 2015. Next year, these specials will be available through May 2015. They should have been there the moment November went on-line for us. That was our mistake. But there are on-line now and we wont let this happen again for future months in 2015 as they appear on our system.

Sorry for the long-winded reply, but I think it is interesting that the public is also aware of the rapid changes taking place in the hotel industry, its effects on room rates, and where best to book your reservations.

Scott

P.S. If you see our reservation page today, all the prices have annoying decimal points/digits. The system we use, over the weekend, fixed a glitch in their system, which causes one in ours. We should have all the prices back to round numbers in the next day or 2.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Qunci Pool villas

I would add just one more point about bookings.

Look at the following rough stats for foreign visitor arrivals in Lombok:

2012 : 25,000

2013 ; 40,000

2014 ; expected 80,000

Up 3 times in 3 years, while very few new hotels have been built.

If you know when you are going to come to Lombok, book early - especially for the busy season of June - Sept.

It is only the end of February and at my hotel (as well as others I have talked to) our confirmed bookings for the June - Sept period is running at almost 70%. 70% and we are still months away. You will see on our reservation page over the next few weeks where we will taking days off our reservation page during that period as there is no room availability because of such high demand.

SCott

1 post
Save Reply
35. Re: Qunci Pool villas

Thanks Scott. Appreciate your quick and fast response.

Hope your business blooms over in Lombok (as it is now #1 in TA), and am looking forward to staying at your vilas

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Qunci Pool villas

Great. See you in November!

Scott

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
37. Re: Qunci Pool villas

Hello Scott!

Love to see an owner replying on the services of his hotel!

Just to check as i won a prize to stay in Qunci Villas, what are the night activities around there? (21-24 March)

or i have to travel far end of the island?

:)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Qunci Pool villas

Thanks for taking the time to explain the advances in hotel booking systems Scott. Things sure have changed in the decade or so since I was in hotel management. What a great improvement, no more wholesale block-outs being released back at the last minute. Fantastic for the travelling public as they get the best rate available.

One thought, do you find that guests expect something extra when booking direct? After all, the hotel is saving on commission to t b e booking site or agent..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Qunci Pool villas

SGGH, in case Scott doesn't see your post, Qunci is a short taxi ride into Senggigi where there is live music and many cafes and a few bars. The hotel also has an entertainment program, perhaps check what is on when you arrive

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Qunci Pool villas

Will be most interested in Scotts reply,

excellent question Sudiah.

reverberates all around the world. mostly with zero gain..