We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping along the eastern side?

dallas,tx
Level Contributor
54 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Camping along the eastern side?

We are driving to Miami from TX and was thinking about camping a few nights along the beach on the pacific side, any sugestions? We are traveling the end of July, will it be too hot?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping along the eastern side?

Way too hot for tent camping in my opinion. If you have something that can keep you cool maybe. I'm confused which side you want. East coast is Atlantic, not Pacific. Jetty Park is an option. West coast is Gulf of Mexico. Fort De Soto comes to mind. I'm by no means a beach camping expert, but these are two nice beaches that have it.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping along the eastern side?

A beach on the Pacific Side?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,739 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping along the eastern side?

Very hot and lots of bugs at that time of year, no matter where you camp. If you decide to do so, purchase a small portable fan and lots of citronella and bug spray.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping along the eastern side?

Get an air conditioned hotel room

5. Re: Camping along the eastern side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 09, 2014