We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acacia Dive Resort, Anilao/Mabini, Batangas

Which Mabini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Acacia Dive Resort, Anilao/Mabini, Batangas

This is a friendly advice to fellow divers: Stay away from this place! There are many better and cheaper places where to stay in Anilao. They charged us yesterday PhP 7,000 for one night, twin sharing room #8, full board. For that price, you get very basic, cheap Filipino food (you'd better like rice), a minuscule room with bathroom, not even a closet where to hang clothes, no TV, no safe (not even at the reception), no minibar, and cleanliness is borderline (I have pics for the ones interested). A Cuba Libre is charged PhP 180! For your info, a full bottle of Tanduay rhum 8 years is Php 70.95 in the supermarket! The resort was opened in October 2008 but faucets and showers are already rusty! Maybe second hand material...

We were first-time patrons, it will be last time.

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,124 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acacia Dive Resort, Anilao/Mabini, Batangas

Why not post a review. will have more effect.

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acacia Dive Resort, Anilao/Mabini, Batangas

Hi, it certainly would, but they need therefore to be listed as resort/hotel in Trip Advisor....and when I checked, they were not.

Hope it will help, nevertheless.

JC

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,124 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acacia Dive Resort, Anilao/Mabini, Batangas

Use this link from the bottom of the page and have the establishment listed:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReview

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acacia Dive Resort, Anilao/Mabini, Batangas

I agree.

This resort sucks big time.

We inquired for an overnight stay and they said they have a room available but they have to charge us P4,000 per person and kids will be charged P2,000. You can get an expensive villa for that price.

Never go to this resort. Service and the staff are crooks

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Acacia Dive Resort, Anilao/Mabini, Batangas

To be honest, I absolutely ADORED the food they served. Perhaps I was not used to so-called basic Filipino food as I'm from North America, but every meal I ate too much. There were always two choices of desserts, and the moment I sat down with my food, a smiling waitress would come over to bring me a fresh, ice cold glass of mango ice tea. Before I even asked!

The rooms lacked a widescreen tv and minifridges stocked with drinks, but personally I wasn't there to stay in the room (and didn't notice until the above posts pointed it out haha). However, their dive program is great. They definitely know what they're doing, and as a first time diver I felt safe (despite my initial panic and discomfort) and had an incredibly memorable experience.

Reply to: Acacia Dive Resort, Anilao/Mabini, Batangas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mabini