We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

German Rail Pass and bus from Fussen to Wieskirchen church.

Which Wachenheim an der Weinstrasse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
German Rail Pass and bus from Fussen to Wieskirchen church.

Traveling to Germany from Oct. 16 to Oct.23. I will use trains on Oct.18,20,21,23. For how many days I need to buy a German Rail Pass?

Does anyone knows how to find out in advance the bus schedule from Fussen Train Station to Wieskirchen Church?

2 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: German Rail Pass and bus from Fussen to Wieskirchen church.

> I will use trains on Oct.18,20,21,23. For how many days I need to buy a German Rail Pass?

4 obviously. The days of a German Rail Pass don't have to be used consecutively. Can be any 4 days in 1 month.

The question is however if a rail pass makes sense. For a trip like Munich - Füssen - Wieskirche = only regional trains plus bus, a Bayern Ticket is the better deal. As it covers also the buses (and also the trams and U-Bahn in Munich). Something a rail pass does not.

www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Bayern_ticket

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Füssen (or Fuessen - but not Fussen!)

Destination: Wieskirche, Steingaden

Edited: 2:30 am, September 12, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: German Rail Pass and bus from Fussen to Wieskirchen church.

Thanks a lot for your info. Our train trips are: Munich Airport to Train Station on Oct.16. Round trip to Fussen from Munich on Oct.18. One way train to Baden Baden on Oct.20.Round trip to Strasburg (France) with one leg of the trip on French Train on Oct.22. One way train from Baden-Baden to Cologne on Oct.23. The same day One way train Cologne to Brussels on DB inter City Express. I am trying to do both Cassels, Füssen, Wieskirche and get on top of Tegelberg in one day. Probably, Bayern Ticket is not a good idea because you need to leave early before 9:00.a.m.

Reply to: German Rail Pass and bus from Fussen to Wieskirchen church.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wachenheim an der...