We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Stansted from Shropshire or London Euston

Which Stansted Mountfitchet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Telford Shropshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Stansted from Shropshire or London Euston

Hi,

I need to get to London Stansted from London Euston, any recommendations on what means of transport is best and cheapest?! Alternatively methods of getting straight to Stansted from Shropshire would be much appreciated!!

Wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Stansted from Shropshire or London Euston

The cheapest fare I can find is £16 (advance) from Telford to Stansted Airport, with changes at Birmingham, London Euston and Tottenham Hale. Try using the search option on Cross Country Trains website : http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/

Or you can go by National Express coach changing at Birmingham

nationalexpress.com/coach/airport/london-sta…

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,130 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Stansted from Shropshire or London Euston

To do this by train, there is a service that goes from Telford Central to Stansted with only one change at Birmingham New Street. Bizarrely, this takes some 40 minutes longer than the one via Birmingham, Euston and Tottenham Hale. The one change route stops at loads of stations between Birmingham and Stansted

Telford Shropshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Stansted from Shropshire or London Euston

That's great thanks both...I am not at all good at this business!

dicanio10 - please can you tell me where you located the service that goes direct to stansted from Telford with only one change at Birmingham? I'm not so fussed it takes a little longer if it means 2 less changes.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,130 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Stansted from Shropshire or London Euston

I found it on www.nationalrail.co.uk

…nationalrail.co.uk/service/…dep

I just picked a random date but it might help

5. Re: Getting to Stansted from Shropshire or London Euston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, June 18, 2013