We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips or advise on Emiliano Zapata Morelos Mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wichita, Kansas
2 posts
Save Topic
Tips or advise on Emiliano Zapata Morelos Mexico

I was born in Emiliano Zapata Morelos Mexico. Adopted when I turned one and have lived in the US ever since. I've never been to Mexico before however want to go to try and find my mom. Because of all the news about Mexico I didnt know the safest way to get in Emiliano Zapata? ... Should I drive ..? Or would it be easier to fly..? Im also afraid Ill come across the "crooked cops" you hear about. Or maybe Im just scared of everybody down there since of all the kidnappings ext. going on ... Just need some advise of the safest way to get there or if its safe to go down there now..?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,504 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips or advise on Emiliano Zapata Morelos Mexico

Emiliana Zapata is just outside Cuernavaca (virtually a suburb) so you could base yourself in Cuernavaca where there is plenty of affordable accommodation. Getting a bus to Emiliano Zapata from there will be easy (it's just a few miles away). The best way to get there will be to fly into Mexico City airport and get a bus directly from inside the airport to Cuernavaca (about 90 minutes) then a taxi to your accommodation. Driving down will take 2-3 days, requires more paperwork, is quite expensive (with tolls and gas and extra insurance) and some border areas are volatile right now. So fly and save yourself the stress.

Most of Mexico is relatively safe. I have never heard of a foreign visitor being kidnapped in Mexico away from the border areas (and there they are generally abductions/robberies). Cuernavaca has had its share of drug violence but, to my knowledge, no innocent civilian has been harmed - the violence has been executions of rival drug members (and not in public shoot-outs as in some parts of the country). Basically use common sense and you should be fine.

Best of luck!

Mentioned in this post
Cuernavaca
Cuernavaca
Morelos, Mexico
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Wichita, Kansas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips or advise on Emiliano Zapata Morelos Mexico

Thank you so much for your advise!

3. Re: Tips or advise on Emiliano Zapata Morelos Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, June 16, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Morelos