We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

We need a taxi from Centro Historico to the Queretaro airport for an ungodly hour in a few days. Radio taxi services we have used in the past have been unreliable. Reviews on google+ of such services are not encouraging. Can anyone recommend a dependable radio taxi to call and be sure they will arrive and get us to the airport in the wee hours?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

I would simply ask your hotel the day before to arrange one and leave yourself plenty of time. If it doesn't turn up then they can immediately call one and it will be there in a few minutes. I've never had a problem finding taxis at all hours of the night.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

I had a taxi within seconds, but it wasn't an ungodly hour. $250 pesos to the airport, tip not expected.

It's a tiny airport, so getting there super-early isn't such a big deal.

Edited: 9:44 am, April 05, 2014
Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

Thanks, but I'm not in a hotel. We rent a house for 3 months each winter. Now we must reluctantly leave Queretaro to return to the North, not yet very springlike.

Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

You "had a taxi within seconds" but you didn't say which service you called.

Lake Crystal...
Level Contributor
579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

When I flew out of QRO last summer I had arranged a taxi the night before for a 4:30 AM pick-up, a few blocks from the center. As we waited for our cab I saw 3-4 taxis drive by, seeking fares, before our man arrived.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

I stepped out of the hotel, walked down to the corner where there was room for a taxi to stop, stuck out my hand, and had a taxi instantly. No call involved.

If only fishing worked that well.

Edited: 4:52 pm, April 05, 2014
Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

All the yellow cabs are basically one company. We always called our local "sitio" and had a car in about 5 minutes (which is as long as it took to get to us as we were just outside of town). If you can't find one or the number there's a list of cab companies here: www.queretanos.com.mx/index.php…

8. Re: Reliable radio taxi service in Queretaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 04, 2015