We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day-Trip from Queretaro to Morelia?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Logan, Utah
Level Contributor
184 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Day-Trip from Queretaro to Morelia?

OK, I really want to visit Morelia but am a bit concerned about spending the night there due to recent State Department warnings. So I am considering the possibility of making a day-trip there from Queretaro. Is that doable (and safe) by public bus? And if I am able to get to Morelia by around 10:30 AM and leave around 5:30 PM, will that be enough time to see a fair amount of sights around the UNESCO-listed historic center? Any advice in this regard wil be highly appreciated!

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day-Trip from Queretaro to Morelia?

Hello, you are waisting you time to just go and back the same day. There were problems a while ago, all is fine now and besides, it does not affect tourists. I am myself going there for a whole week and I am not concerned. If you are really concerned about safety, just dont go. If you do go, make plans to stay at least two days and visit Patzcuaro and the nearby villages. Morelia and the surroundings are beautiful and well worth a visit.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day-Trip from Queretaro to Morelia?

Having spent numerous nights in Morelia/Patzcuaro area without a bit of trouble. The only Gringos that get into trouble are Buying or selling.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day-Trip from Queretaro to Morelia?

No worries. Just spend more time.

Logan, Utah
Level Contributor
184 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day-Trip from Queretaro to Morelia?

Thanks for the advice, folks, I really appreciate it. I will drop the day-trip idea because from your accounts it looks like Morelia is worth a dedicated multi-day trip all on its own in order to truly enjoy all its offerings and its surrounding attractions!

5. Re: Day-Trip from Queretaro to Morelia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, September 22, 2015