We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Primera plus bus station in queretaro

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
greece
Level Contributor
364 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Primera plus bus station in queretaro

hi

i will reach queretaro by primera plus bus and i need to know wher the bus station is because i will pick up my rental car from ' holiday cars' either at Boulevard Bernardo Quintana Arrioja227 or Walmart blvd bernardo Quintana 4113 (which address should i choose to pick up the car?)

car you tell me where the station is?Will i need a taxi to get to the carrental?

thanks

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

Yes you will need to take a taxi. You prepay your fare at the taxi booth inside the bus station. Walmart is on the same ring road around Querétaro as the bus station, and the other pick-up point looks to be on the same road. There may not be much difference in which one you go for, but I am sure Steve from Querétaro can advise on that next time he logs on!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

It's only 5-10 minutes by cab from the bus station but I am not sure which is closest because 227 Arrioja doesn't make any sense to me. I don't think I've seen a car hire place at Walmart either for that matter! Which car company is it?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

For a basic 3 or 4 person car, Thrifty beats Holiday Cars by a serious margin and the two pick ups are just off Boulevard Bernardo Quintana.

M

greece
Level Contributor
364 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

well i hoped i wouldnt need the taxi,it doesnt seem very convenient (with all the laguage)so i decided to rent the car at Mexico City airport.Can you tell me tha faster route MEX to Guanajuato and my way back to the airport from San Miguel via Queretaro to the airport again.

I hope there is a way to skip the city of Mexico while going from the airport to Guanajuato

thanks

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

I am not sure how car rental works at MEX airport but the offices are quite a way from the main terminal. Anyway here is my route from the airport to Guanajuato:

This route is used by the buses and is the quickest without doubt. The "orthodox" route would take you out through the north-west corner of Mexico City (Tlalnepantla) but there the traffic is always horrible and can be stationary. My route takes you out through the north-east corner and then loops around the top of the city. Short of a traffic accident I can guarantee no traffic. So here goes....

Not sure where you'll pick the car up but you want to drive along the side of the airport terminal 1 so that the terminal building is on your right. Just follow "Llegadas" (arrivals) or "Salidas" (departures) - it doesn't matter which because you'll end up in the same place. Keep in the middle lane and as the terminal building ends you will see "Estacionamento Internacional" signposted to the left. In fact there are two lefts in quick succession - the carpark and a "retorno" (u-turn) which takes you back on the main road to the city. Most traffic will be turning here but you do not. Proceed straight for about 50 yards and the road forks (right is signposted to "Duanas" I think) - take the LEFT fork. You then pass by a parking lot for airport taxis on your left and over a speed bump.At the end of the parking lot there is another retorno just before your road ends at a T-junction but do NOT take it. Go right to the end of the road and turn left and then 20 yards later turn right. (If you take the retorno you'll miss the right turn!)

600 yards down here there are lights - turn right. 800 yards down here you come to the end and must turn right.

You are now on a slip road (or lateral - not sure what Americans call it) with the main road on your left. Expect a lot of parked trailers. It seems to take an eternity to find a way on to the main road but eventually there's a little left you take with lights at the junction just 20 yards away. Make sure that after you take this turn you find yourself in the righthand lane because you need to turn right onto the main road heading in the same direction you were before. (Sounds more complicated than it really is!) That's the tricky part out of the way. All 3-lane roads from now on.

You need to go 3-4 miles down this road across a number of lights. Note the disused tracks you cross. After the tracks it's about a mile further and you come to two sets of lights in quick succession. The first ones have traffic coming in from the left but you can't turn left. You turn left at the second set where there is a well hidden sign saying something like "Qro Cuota" (Queretaro toll road). Straight ahead you should also see green lights signifying the Texcoco toll booths - you don't want those but you know that when you see them you need to be ready to turn left.

Another 2 miles and there are lights - turn right. Everything should be signposted from now on. Keep on this main road and you will soon do a big clockwise loop to the right. Then it's a straight road for about 31 miles (50km) passing through 3 toll booths. Immediately after the 3rd toll booth you join the 57 (main Mexico City-Queretaro highway). 1 hour later you hit the next toll booth and about 50 minutes after that you will see Queretaro to your right. Keep straight on the highway following signs to Celaya Cuota. 8 km past the city you have another toll booth and another 70 km later you hit another. Soon after that the road forks - take the right fork to Leon (not left to Irapuato). After about 15 minutes you will see a turn off to Guanajuato. If you miss that turn there is one later that is a small toll road.

I regularly do this route to Queretaro and it takes me 2 1/2 hours. So you should do your trip in 4 1/2 hours at most. I still think that taxi in Queretaro sounds a whole lot less hassle....

Good luck!

greece
Level Contributor
364 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

thank you very much for your detailed info

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

I think renting a car in Mexico City for a trip to Gto. is pretty crazy.

I'm a former BMW Spec Racer and have driven most of the world's great racing venues (Spa; Nurburgring, etc.), but I would never drive in Mexico City.

M

greece
Level Contributor
364 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

i now you should never drive at MC , but i will rent a car in the airport and thaks to the direction given to me i will bypass MC

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

Let us know how you get on. I was amused to read that you are nervous about getting from Querétaro bus station to the car rental place for lack of Spanish, but are happy to negotiate the highway system and the tunnels of Guanajuato without same. Good luck, is all I can say!

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
820 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Primera plus bus station in queretaro

I would never, never attempt to drive in MC. Been there many times and driving is a nightmare. Most drivers just make up there driving regulations and you can be injured or killed quickly. BTW, how can you bypass MC?