We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Bahia Principe San Juan.........

Which Rio San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcs.
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked Bahia Principe San Juan.........

And have a couple of questions! Any help will be much appreciated.

- We have booked the Gold rooms, are any of these with sea view? are they situated in a good place? Saw a review that mentioned overlooking an ally outside

- Are there many shops and bars on the 'strip'?

- I have seen mixed reviews and am hoping that I have ignored the right ones to book this hotel! Honest opinion, is this a nice hotel?

Thanks in advance x

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,705 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe San Juan.........

Here is a map of the resort which will show all locations of the rooms and also what is available shop wise that is on the strip (Pueblo Principe)

…webshots.com/photo/fullsize/204118141003501…

Just a word of warning transfer time is 1 hour 20/30minutes from airport to resorts so everything is resort based unless you take trips to get out and about as the resort is isolated. BPSJ beach has now had to put large sand bags on the beach and in the sea just off shore to stop all the erosion.Cant give an honest opinion on the resort itself as I have not visited it recently.

Angie

london
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe San Juan.........

Hi there, myself and my husband stayed here for 2 weeks in April and this is an honest review: it is a lovely resort , the gardens are beautiful and the rooms are a desent standard. The beach is not the best and I got bitten by sand fleas so decided to to give it a miss, saying that ny husband never got bitten once! The pool area is pretty to look at but I noticed after a few days that it was not been cleaned properly and was full of dead bugs and wasps for days at a time. The staff were xtra nice to the Canadians mainly because they are good tippers they also seem to get away with playing loud music around the pool and generally causing a nuisance, loud and drunk. I would NOT take children to this resort as foul language is the norm after a few drinks! The strip is ok if your not ready for an early nite but be ready to queue for drinks as the Canadians always get served 1st unless you tip! On the weekends the Locals arrive and take over the place and getting served before them and the Canadians is nigh on impossible. The food at the buffet is nice, it is clean and I heard of no one getting ill. The food at the snack bar could be better contained as the flys have a field day! Be careful of you belonging as rooms had been broken into! In general it is not a 5 star more a 3 and even tho I had complaints it is wat u make it and we met some lovely people who we have since met up with, go with an open mind and you will have a nice time:)

Worcs.
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe San Juan.........

Thank you for your repsonses.

Is there a quiet pool? In Kenya you normally get an adults only quiet pool - will miss if there is not one here.

Does it fell overcrowded with so many rooms? Never stayed anywhere so big. Hope I've done the right thing booking here!

Still looking for a sea view room if anyone knows of one.

Thanks very much x

4. Re: Just booked Bahia Principe San Juan.........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rio San Juan