We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather end of May

Birmingham
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather end of May

Hi, me, my wife and 1 year old son are heading to the Sani beach Club on the 20th May 2011. I have anxiously been checking weather forecasts almost every day hoping we will have good weather. I notice of recent there has been a lot of rain out there.

Does anyone have an insight as to how the weather will be from 20th May and also if it is raining will this have a negative effect upon our holiday?

Many thanks!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
872 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather end of May

Noboday can precisely predict the weather nine days from now. The weather has been "crappy" lately around most areas of Greece. However, chances are in favour of adorable weather. It can't go on like that forever. Not in Greece at least. Try not to worry too much about the weather, but just in case the weather is not that good for swimming etc, I am sure you'll be able to do lots of other things that will make this vacation a beautiful one for you and your family.

Try to let this "weather" thing affect you as little as possible, because this is how you'll be able to enjoy it at its fullest.

Best Regards,

Yannis.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather end of May

Yannis

Thanks for the reply and comments.

A holiday is always a better one when the weather is good...so fingers crossed!

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather end of May

End of May is generally not a brilliant time to visit Halkidiki as the weather doesn't usually warm up properly that far north until at least mid June (I bet your holiday cost less precisely for this reason). As Yiannis said, weather in Greece has been worse than usual this season, but we're all hoping for better days soon - I'm in Greece too at the moment, although thankfully in the south, where it's drier and warmer.

This is the forecast for nearby Polygyros: http://www.meteo.gr/cf.asp?city_id=46 Although Sani weather won't be identical, it'll give you an indication of what temps and conditions to expect. Obviously no one can predict the weather 8-9 days down the line with any certainty, but the link will update, so best forget about it for now and check again in a week's time.

Hope it's bright and sunny for you. I know only too well what you mean about having good weather on holiday.....

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
872 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather end of May

Tinsey, welcome to Greece... and I hope you're enjoying your days around here! :-)

What I wanted to mention regarding the weather in Polygyros, is that generally it'd be very very wrong to compare its weather with ANY OTHER PART of Halkidiki! Polygyros is situated on the mountain, which means very unstable weather conditions, and moer specifically at an altitude of 550-650 meters! So this definitely means 3-5 degrees less than any of the peninsulas of Halkidiki. Just like you said, it could only be a small indication. It's been several times that the weather "up" there was windy and rainy, while it was sunny and warm down at the peninsulas. Polygyros is considered among the coldest places of Macedonia, this is why I am saying this.

However, I hope that both you and our friend that opened this topic, enjoy your days around here, with lots and lots of sun!!! :-)

Best Regards,

Yannis.

England
Level Contributor
255 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather end of May

I'm heading out to Halkidiki on the 18th and am told the weather is going to start warming up this weekend and by next week be around 25-27 degrees and sunny. There may be the odd cloudy or showery day but all the forecasts seem to suggest an improvement in the weather. I'm hoping so anyway. And late May is a lovely time to visit - the sea is at its clearest, the flowers are all out and the beaches are quiet. My favourite time!

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather end of May

Yiassou Gianni!

It's good to be back in Greece :-) I'm enjoying myself, but I'm a bit bummed about the weather. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the impending improvement materialises, as I hope to get to wear all my lovely summer clothes that I've brought with me.

Good point re: Polygyros, I would have posted a Kassandra-specific link, but couldn't find a suitable forecast on meteo.gr!

England
Level Contributor
255 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather end of May

This is the Meteo.gr forecast for Kassandra.

www.meteo.gr/cf_printEN.asp?city_id=131

Birmingham
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather end of May

would this be a more accurate forecast to go by?

go2halkidiki.net/weather_blog/…

9. Re: Weather end of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sani