We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

London
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

We are looking to visit this resort in September - I will, by then, have a 4 month old baby - is this place suitable? We wanted something with a slightly larger room i.e. somewhere for hubby and I to sit while baby sleeps in the evening...plus we wanted some restaurant choice and a beach within walking distance....am I on the right track?? Hubby and I like to wonder to restaurants in the evenign but dont want to be getting in and out of cars wiht the baby if possible....any suggestions tips most welcome!!

AllinBlusive
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Sani Marina
Piers & Boardwalks
Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
836 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

The way that you are describing what you are looking for your holidays, makes me think that you've probably done one of the best choices (if not the best). Beach is at walking distance, a variety of restaurants at the hotel areas as well, and generally Sani has a considerably safe environment, so I would personally think that for this occassion it shall be a good choice.

Best Regards and hope you enjoy your holidays!

Yannis

London
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

Thanks for your quick response - have been having a good look on their site and seems to be very family orientated but still luxurious - almost perfect for what we are looking for!!

However a lot of people seem to think that Porto Sani is better than Asterias...so now just have to weigh up the two of them and see what works best for us.....

Mentioned in this post
Porto Sani
Porto Sani
934 Reviews
Sani, Greece
Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
836 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

I would say that they are both very good, but as I haven't had any vacations with children in there, I can't give exact details. I have only had vacations there with my spouse. But as my family originates from the area of Halkidiki, I happen to know many of the hotels of the area. Both Porto Sani and Asterias belong to the same hotel. It's just that they are different styled etc.

Sani in general though is considered to be a very good hotel with lots of open spaces (thousands of acres surround the hotel!) and that gives a feeling of a small village.

I think you will enjoy your stay wherever you eventually choose to stay.

London
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

Thanks very much - I appreciate your taking time to respond. One last questions! What is the weather generally like towards the end of September??

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
836 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

Hi there again!

You definitely don't need to thank, it's my pleasure to help whenever I can .

The weather can be mixed towards the end of September usually in Northern Greece. It could be up to 30-32 degrees or somewhere around 18-20 with some rains. I would say that usually most of the days of September , probably more than 65-70% of them tend to be sunny and warm, but it's the beginning of the Autumn, so you can't be that sure about it. If you could transfer your holidays towards the mid-September, I would have to say that your chances of receiving very good weather are even better.

Yannis.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

If sunny / warm / dry weather is important to you, I would do my best to bring the holiday forward as much as possible, as the weather in that part of Greece doesn't stay summery for long past the end of August.

If you don't mind the possibility of rain and dull days don't phase you, then by all means go ahead, but again probably best to aim for mid September, as per Jmal's advice above.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
London
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

Fab thanks - I think I shall move it towards the beginning of September - we are trying to stay out of school summer holidays as its sooo expensive then!!

London
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

Have checked the average high temperature for September time and seems to be 80 on all the weather websites I have looked at - that is plenty hot enough for me and a baby!!!

UK
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

We've been to Porto Sani Village for the last two Septembers and are going again this September. The first year we went on 21st Sept and had only half a grey day. Last year we went on the 5th and had 1 and a half grey / rainy days. Whilst I agree that you reduce the risk of bad weather the earlier you go, it really is just the luck of the draw.

Last year our youngest daughter was 5 months old and our eldest was 2 and a half. Haven't stayed at the Asterias Suites but we found the Porto Sani Village to be perfect. I would imagine the Sani Asterias Suites are even better. The rooms are great as there is a separate bedroom so you can still enjoy your evenings.

I am sure whenever you go in September and whichever hotel you book you will have a great time.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I am sure whenever you go in September and whichever hotel you book you will have a great time.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

London
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sani Asterias Suites - with a baby

Thank you for your reply - we have decided on the Porto Sani as the Asterias was just that bit too expensive!! The Porto seems to be the constant favourite on the forum too and I have found a pretty reasonable rate with Olympic. We are trying to go a bit earlier - hopefully as soon as the summer hols are over so around 7th September ish...most places seem warm in comparison to the UK anyway so I am sure we will be fine - plus I dont want extreme heat as the baby will still be young.

Mentioned in this post
Porto Sani
Porto Sani
934 Reviews
Sani, Greece
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Get answers to your questions about Sani