We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To visit end of May or start of June?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
To visit end of May or start of June?

Hi!

I bet you all are tired of the weather questions, sorry! 🙂

Never been to Sani and are considering travelling end of May for a week with my husband and (just) 3 year old. Looks like Sani Beach would be our top pick, but IS IT WARM enough end of May? Want to spend the days in the sun, on the beach, by the pool.. are we better to go a bit later? Looked on weather sites, end of May says temp.+21, doesn't seem warm enough?

Would really appreciate your advice/input!

Thanks!

Estonia
Level Contributor
23 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: To visit end of May or start of June?

Hello !

We travel a lot with small children to Halkidiki.

Yes, in May is a bit cold (especially the sea water).

Best time to go is starting from 2-nd week of June for 2...3 weeks.

With small children are very good beaches in Kassandra villages: Kallithea, Pefkochori and Skala Fourka,

I recommend Pefkochori, because of good infrastructure and good food shops. Better rent appartments or Hotel close the sea. Kallithea Ammon Zeus hotel is good also to stay with children.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: To visit end of May or start of June?

Thank you so much for your response & beach recommendations! I will look into this!

Sani Beach is so expensive (!), we'll probably reconsider.

Estonia
Level Contributor
23 posts
250 reviews
3. Re: To visit end of May or start of June?

You are welcome !

Yes, Sani is like Elite resort, lot of Greek prominents like this place.

But for me it is a bit boring, its more for young couples.

For families with small children much better places in Kassandra are:

Pefkochori, Kallithea (bigger villages with very good infrastructure) or

Skala Fourka, Polychrono, Siviri, Nea Skioni (small villages, but good beaches for children).

One Diamond is more, located not long distance away from the Sani - Elani Bay Resort.

Very good beach, but away from all infrastructure and shops, needed car to stay there.

We plan to go this year too with children to Kassandra in June... ;-)))

For sure Halkidiki is one of the Best places in Europe, at least sea water is very clean and air too and

food... just amazing and natural. For children better to buy natural yogurt in local chain supermarkets like "Masoutis". It is in clay cups, not in plastic cups. Price is a bit higher, but it is 100% natural product !

And local watermelons are in June just amazing !!!

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: To visit end of May or start of June?

Hi if you can afford it i highly recommend Sani beach hotel the whole complex is geared towards families with young children and the sea is calm and shallow so ideal for kids. There is so much to do here you have an open air theatre, nature walks, choice of swimming pools and lots of kids activities. Of course at the end of May the sea will still be cold and the chance of unsettled weather greater so the later you delay your stay the better but this is offset by the hike in price so its a juggling act really. The whole of Halkidiki is beautiful so wherever you decide to stay am sure you have a great time. Enjoy

5. Re: To visit end of May or start of June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 21, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Sani