We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marbella Beach Resort CORFU

Which Agios Ioannis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Marbella Beach Resort CORFU

Booked to go Marbella Beach Resort CORFU end of May 2012, after reading reviews on trip advisor namely about Wasps being an absolute nuisance, I was wondering if anyone knew if they were a nuisance in May, if they are it will totally ruin my holiday. Also if the swimming pools are very deep with no shallow end, as posted by one trip advisor. Is there any places nearby to go for stroll and drink in evenings for a change from hotel. The hotel has a 5 star rating but by reviews a lot of disagreement on this, poorly decorated rooms need updating, any information gratefully received slipped up and didn't check trip advisor before booking this. I put the name in capitals as apparently I posted last message in wrong forum Spain instead o f Corfu. Thanks all.

5 replies to this topic
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marbella Beach Resort CORFU

First of all the wasps in Corfu are very laid back not like our lot, and in May you will be lucky to spot one, July-September is their time. Sure the pools will have a shallow end, thought it was law?? Cant help with the hotel or whats around as I stay on the West coast.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marbella Beach Resort CORFU

Thank you Ziggysboy,

Thanks for your reply, nice to know about wasps I hope I will lucky not to see one, and I hope pool does have shallow end still trying to find out.

Dallas

greece
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marbella Beach Resort CORFU

Marbella has undergone a massive refurb this winter and they have apparently generally upgraded it to a very good standard. so there should not be any problems with condition of rooms, There are a few other places on the road outside the hotel, small family restaurants and bars, and moraitika is about 3km in one direction and Benitses about the same in the other direction, both with bars and restaurants. Wasps, not likely, more often in September/october when the grapes are on the vines which is what attracts them. I also have no direct knowledge of the hotel pools, but knowing Greek laws on pools which are stringent I doubt very much if there are only pools with no shallow ends - possibly there is an adults pool now, they have expanded the number of pools, so this is possible.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marbella Beach Resort CORFU

Thank you Mayflower ,

Thanks for your reply it has been very helpful, I hope I get a refurb room and you have set my mind to rest about the wasps not around in May mostly September. Also the pools hopefully that will okay too. The other places in either direction is another help, we will have to have a taxi.

Thank you so much for your help.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,782 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marbella Beach Resort CORFU

How was your holiday? Heading there soon :)

Reply to: Marbella Beach Resort CORFU
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agios Ioannis