We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

son parc urbanisation

YORKSHIRE
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
son parc urbanisation

Well folks just returned from 2 weeks in Son Parc and finally all the signs are up for work to commence on 5 new 5 star hotels/and shopping centre (and by the way no hotel can offer all inclusive )the initial work is for roads /pavements etc infrastructure so no doubt that will take 20 years so the likely hood of my generation seeing the new hotels is possibly remote/they have started the work on the road to arenal its all flattened and there is large machinery and workers present/ also noticed Santa Thomas a new hotel half built

3 replies to this topic
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
18,425 posts
54 reviews
88 helpful votes
1. Re: son parc urbanisation

Thanks for this. The new luxury hotel at Santo Ttomas has already been highlighted on a thread by Padre_Pedro https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g659… and is expected to be open in 2018 so maybe the Son Parc development will surprise you and pop up relatively quickly!

If as you say none of the Son Parc hotels ones are going to be allowed to be All Incl that is interesting, and shows that the island is moving away from the previous attempts to increase the volume of tourists via the budget AI market which has not been beneficial to local businesses and only feathered the tour operators pockets really . If the planners are looking toward increasing quality accommodation and facilities to attract the bigger spenders that is going to help the island economy I think -there will always be a market for the All Incl package of course but the amount of cash spend per head of visitor that goes directly into the island's economy is less with that sort of accomodation

Edited: 5:06 am, June 02, 2017
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
18,425 posts
54 reviews
88 helpful votes
2. Re: son parc urbanisation

Sorry about the typos but no chance to edit further :-(

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
3. Re: son parc urbanisation

My Old Dad still has the original sales prospects for Son Parc developments from 30 years ago :-) ...It sort of stalled as you know. I expect the Golf Course owners are rubbing their hands

So are the enforcing the stop on AI from the existing hotels there or just the new ones?

I suspect it might well get blocked as the governments change. I understand it has been on/off for years -much like lots on the Island

Reply to: son parc urbanisation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Son Parc
Recent Conversations
More Son Parc Topics