We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large supermarket near son parc

cornwall
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Large supermarket near son parc

Hi there we are a family of 7with 2 small children getting transfers from airport so no car while staying in Son Parc ,would like to find out where the nearest large supermarket is as the 2 near us are very expensive I understand . Could perhaps get a taxi to do a large shop ? Thanks in anticipation of your help

4 replies to this topic
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
18,471 posts
54 reviews
88 helpful votes
1. Re: Large supermarket near son parc

It is correct that prices in resort supermarkets are higher than in the ones that the locals use but sometimes the cost in time and money of getting to one of the large ones inland outweighs the savings.

You want to do a really large shop all in one go I suggest that you get a bus into one of the residential towns and a taxi back or even tack the shopping run onto the end of an outing - here is a link to the bus service info autosfornells.com/en/regular-line-routes-ib0… there is a direct bus to Es Mercedal from Son Parc as well as one into Mahon which is where the largest choice of large supermarkets is to be found

see www.mymenorca.info/menorca-supermarkets/

cornwall
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Large supermarket near son parc

That's great thank you

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
18,471 posts
54 reviews
88 helpful votes
3. Re: Large supermarket near son parc

BTW I suggest that if the 2 small kiddies you mention are under 3 and your flights give them a small infant's baggage allowance make sure that you take as many of the boring things like nappies as you can as imported UK branded ones will be expensive

cornwall
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Large supermarket near son parc

Ok will do thanks again

Reply to: Large supermarket near son parc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Son Parc
Recent Conversations
More Son Parc Topics