We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ca Mau

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
6 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Ca Mau

Attending a Vietnamese wedding in December.

Where do we stay?

What do we wear to a Vietnamese wedding? We seem to be going to three celebrations for this wedding. Am I expected to wear something different to them all and what is acceptable?

What is there to do there? I have been told not much has lots of mosquitos and is built on a swamp. mmmmmm!

Any help would be appreciated do not want to offend and would like a nice holiday.

5 replies to this topic
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,576 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ca Mau

I never really noticed too much in the way of mosquitoes except at night when a few came out. A mousquito net of deet will fix that. There is not a lot of infratructure for tourists, but there is a national park not too far away. Most of the entertainment is coffee shops and Karaoke.

Do not worry too much about offending anybody at the weading. Tastfull slacks and shirts are all you need. You can wear a suit if you want to.... but it will be very warm ;)

Owee

www.owee58.com

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
6 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ca Mau

Thanks for the info. Which hotel would you choose to stay at?

I have also heard there is not much to do. Karakoe is not our thing. The coffee shops sound good though. May only stay a couple of nights for the wedding then holiday in HoChiMin City. Cheers.

Sydney
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ca Mau

Hi everyone

I plan to visit camau at the end of march 2012, can someone suggest a clean hotel to stay for 3 days

Thanks

QBao

Australia

Ha Tien, Vietnam
Level Contributor
719 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ca Mau

I've stayed in Ca Mau several times.as my wife's family is from near there. We stay in the "Song Ngoc" hotel.It's in the centre of town,opposite the ACB bank,on Hung Vuong street.It's a typical Delta town hotel,the rooms are clean and have A/C TV and a hot water bathtub.I think,from memory we paid about 180,000VND.There's not much to see and do in town,but there are some smallish street eateries.I never found a proper bar or even restaurant, although I believe there are some on in the outer areas of Ca Mau.Have a good stay!

Ho Chi Minh
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ca Mau

Hi QBao,

Camau is not attractive place for tourist, the hotel is old and not good at service. I've been there 3 years of my charity trip. I was home stay with local people.

However, you can try Sieu Thi Hotel 3* at: 1 Hung Vuong road, ward 7, Ca Mau City, Vietnam Tel: (84-780) 3836786 ; Fax: (84-780) 3832789

Good luck

Ps: are you Viet Kieu?

Best regards,

Reply to: Ca Mau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ca Mau