We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Garni Winzerin, in Spitz

Which Spitz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Garni Winzerin, in Spitz

Has anyone stayed in Hotel Garni Winzerin, in Spitz? I'd love some feedback about it.

3 replies to this topic
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Garni Winzerin, in Spitz

Have not stayed there but as Spitz is not large have seen it - Just above the main part of the village - numerous pensions in the area.

Probaly nothing special -

Note my comments on another posting where you asked about the Wachau.

Haus Burkhardt would be a betterchoice in my opinion- prices are probabyl relatively similar.

Spitz has a small village square - this has the Church( very nice ) a cafe , antique shop .

But consider my comment - the area by the Danube is now a construction area as they make a new flood control wall.

The last time I was by this way - the area by the local ferry and main intersection were torn apart by this work.

the area upstrerem from this has a good part of the wall done - but downstream needs much work.

Perhaps that by the ferry done by summer as the ferry should operate - but overall can be inconvenient

Just a note as you should be aware- this would not affect a stay at either of the above mentioned palaces but does make the former very nice river promenade useless in some places and the area changed with the removal of many large trees in this area.

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Garni Winzerin, in Spitz

This was almost the only place I could find that could accomodate us (dates, number of beds & price). It seems many places aren't open yet or are already full. Several places I emailed (from Melk to Krems) did not even reply. We will have a car & just need a clean, comfortable place to sleep. Thank you for all your help & input.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Garni Winzerin, in Spitz

When do you travel in April? near to the easter time vacation perhaps ?

Many places may be closed now in the Wachau for winter vacations. This week even schools make winter vacation.

I would not give up on your search .

Better places exist than what you find - but this up to you - you know what you want and your budget .

Reply to: Hotel Garni Winzerin, in Spitz
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spitz