We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

Has anyone else booked and/or had a bad travel experience with the Koh Lanta agency?

Do NOT book with Koh Lanta Travel and Tours: a fraudulent, negligent and overpriced scam that offers no customer care or service, whatsoever.

From our recent, direct (and extremely disappointing) travel experience, this is what you get for 10 000 Philippine pesos with Koh Lanta Travel and Tours:

DISORGANIZED (their van driver had no idea about the tour and pick up details and disappeared after he dropped us off at the beach: see more details below),

OVERPRICED (according to both Philipine and overseas nationals),

CHAOTIC and amateurish arrangements (a dangerous boat crossing: one has to clamber directly from a mainland beach onto a small, unstable pontoon float in the raging surf, this pontoon gets pulled by local fishermen holding a rope towards a rickety wooden outrigger: a wave knocked my mobile phone into the sea: this device is now ruined),

MEDIOCRE food and BASIC accommodation (at the place that Koh Lanta chose on Caramoan Island),

then the owner of Koh Lanta, Myra Roches offers a lame and meaningless "apology" for the destruction of my phone with no offer of compensation.

I am now without a phone, plus there is the loss of my photos and contacts etc for the remainder of my vacation. Give Koh Lanta a miss and either book the travel sectors etc yourself or try a different travel agent.

Andrew N

Naga City

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,104 posts
1,961 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

Sounds like a Thai company.

Believe me Andrew you dont need a travel agency. Ive been organising my itinerary to Asia and the Philippines for years now with great success. Tripadvisor is a great resource for this.

Tommo

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,203 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

@ Amba,

Sad to know of your bad experience.

Are you talking about Caramoan tours http://caramoan-paradise.blogspot.com/ ?

How many days was this 10,000 pesos tour and what did it include?

(Koh Lanta certainly seems an odd name for a Filipino outfit to choose)

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

Thanks. Yep: that link is for Koh Lanta as well.

Well, this is my first trip to the Philippines and while I've done a lot of prior travel through south east Asia, Koh Lanta advertized in a national newspaper so I thought, naively, that the price a good deal for 3 days and 2 nights with my partner (and she is Filipina: the advert appeared good at first sight).

Oh, well, I've learned a lesson and true: organizing it oneself is often the best.

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

Yep. Ah well, I've now learned a lesson. Thanks for the comment.

BTW I did my undergraduate degree at La Trobe University (but hail from Brisbane).

5. Re: Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, March 27, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,104 posts
1,961 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

One post and just joined Tripadvisor to recommend this firm.

Ill let others make up their mind regarding the legitimacy of this poster.

Doesn’t even read like an ad does it ;-)

Tommo

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

oh!

I almost decided to book my caramoan tour to caramoan paradise aka Koh Lanta Travel and Tours.

any update for this travel tour? to know if they improved or what?

Any information will be very much appreciated and can save me from what @ambagahawewa experienced before.

Thanks.

8. Re: Koh Lanta Travel and Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 05, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Caramoan