We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Incline Village Rental Question

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Incline Village Rental Question

My husband and I will be spending a week in Tahoe in August with our two boys (ages 3 and 5). It is our first visit to Tahoe. Thanks to the awesome advice offered on this forum, we have chosen to rent in the Incline Village area. We are interested in going to beaches, but also hiking, biking, kayaking, etc. I am trying to decide between two rental choices: a smaller condo in the McCloud complex that is within walking distance to Ski Beach (passes included, and I understand the $12pp admission fee) and a townhouse a couple of miles from the lake. I like the idea of being able to walk to the beach, but also think Burnt Cedar beach is a better match for our family if we are going to spend money on an admission fee. The townhouse is larger and stand-alone (i.e., our kids would not disturb the neighbors). So, I have two questions:

1. If we are walking distance to Ski Beach, are there other things near there (parks, shops, restaurants) that we would also be able to walk to?

2. Does anyone have a significant preference on which rental would be a better fit?

Thanks in advance!

Karin

Kayak Tahoe
Kayaking & Canoeing
Tahoe City Kayak
Kayaking & Canoeing
Camp Richardson Marina
Boat Tours, Boat Rentals, Kayaking & Canoeing, Waterskiing & Jetskiing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Tahoe Paddle and Oar
Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Gear Rentals
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,117 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Incline Village Rental Question

I like the McCloud complex and it is a short walk (but remember you are at altitude) to shops and restaurants and the Hyatt Regency.

http://goo.gl/maps/2ovr2

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Incline Village Rental Question

I suggest the McCloud complex to visitors every year that can't get lodging at the Hyatt's High Sierra, before it's sold out for the summer.

I'd think you want to be in walking distance to the Hyatt's restaurants, spa, bike rentals, etc. and all the other good restaurants across the street on Country Club Dr.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
261 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Incline Village Rental Question

You've probably made your accommodation decision by now, but should you have any other questions you'll want to post in the Lake Tahoe, Nevada or Incline Village forum. Enjoy your stay!

4. Re: Incline Village Rental Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Lake Tahoe (California)