We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer lake front

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Summer lake front

We are looking to visit Lake Tahoe next summer and want to have access to boat rental and the beach. Any suggestions on lodging? We were looking at the Hyatt Regency which might work but would consider other options. We want something fairly luxurious that is relaxing. It's my husband and I traveling with our 5 year old. Thanks!!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer lake front

I don't think you could go wrong with Hyatt at Incline.

Edited: 11:31 pm, May 26, 2014
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer lake front

The Hyatt is the only resort with lake front property. They have a dock and you can rent boats from Action Watersports. They have an activity desk at the beach where you can reserve in advance. The Hyatt provides lounges and umbrellas for their guests on their private beach. We also like their swimming pool system, spa and fitness center.

They have cottages by the lake, rooms around the swimming pool and tower rooms to choose from. They also have Camp Hyatt for your 5 year old should you be interested.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,438 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer lake front

Hyatt Regency is your best bet for "fairly luxurious."

LA
Level Contributor
10,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer lake front

The Diamond Resorts Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort is also beach-front and adjacent to Ski Run Marina. It has boat rental and restaurants.

https:/…Lake-Tahoe-Vacation-Resort

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer lake front

The Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort has been under major renovations for about a year. I drove by there last week and they are not done, but it looks like they are close. You might check it out before you commit here.

I am curious how you found this forum- Lake Tahoe Area? It was a short lived forum added to the state list and I have not seen any posts in about 2 years. I am unable to find a direct link to the- Lake Tahoe Area- forum. It does not seem to be linked to Lake Tahoe California or Lake Tahoe Nevada forums. Strange?

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer lake front

Thanks all for the suggestions! I think we will likely go with one of the cottages at the Hyatt. Looking forward to a geat trip!

I found the forum by searching Lake Tahoe area in tripadvisor and then went to forum. Glad it worked! Very much appreciate the suggestions.

7. Re: Summer lake front

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:28 pm, April 07, 2016