We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decameron Hotel Information

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Decameron Hotel Information

Hi

We are leaving Monday for the Decameron (yeah...it is freezing here) and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is wireless internet? Is there a charge? In rooms, lobby?? Also, can you cash US travellor cheques at the hotel to pay for tours, trips, shopping etc. I don't like to use my charge card when travelling.

Thanks

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

Wireless is free! If you are far away from the routers in the rooms they have lan connections so make sure you have one if you are taking a laptop, otherwiise you will have to get close to the routers which are located normally in the lobbies. About your traveller checks you should be abe to chnage them wihtout a probelm and evne pay with them. If you still need some cash there is a ATM accross from the entrance to the Pastafari restaurant on the main road int o the resort. It is inside a tiny room with AC. Enjoy El Salvador! Dont stay in! Know the beauty of the country!

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

Wireless in the lobby and use your credit card for trips.

ontario canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

what is ian connections thanks

ontario canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

what is ian connections thanks

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

Sure you mean lan connection.......you have to have the cord to connect your laptop to the internet connection usually found by the baseboard. If you don't have one, they are available for purchase in the gift shops.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

it's a LA N Connection, it's basically Phone wire to your laptop using a LAN Cable, Rogers, Bell usually give you one with their service.

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

As far as the internet do all the rooms have Lan hook ups. Don't usually care but going for two weeks . Also is the power the same as North America

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

IceBerg:

Building four has them in their rooms - I know that for sure.

The power is the same as North America.

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

Thanks Ardel for the info!

We have asked for building 4 via our travel agent. Any other strings we should try to pull to get that building?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Decameron Hotel Information

What I did to try to get a tower room (building 4) is to email the Royal Decameron themselves Royal.Salinitas@Decameron.com.SV and make the request through them, they advised me that they will try to honour my request if a Tower room is available. We'll see if that works next Monday when I go.