We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
869 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

I usually take reviews with a grain of salt but I am reading a lot lately all saying that you will be sick there! What is going on there, why is everyone getting stomach problems or is it just a few and most are fine?? This is worrying me, we leave this Monday!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
869 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

Just got back yesteday from this resort and had a fabulous 7 days there, no one was sick that i talked to and we met tons of people! It is an amazing spot to visit and the locals and staff are wonderful, warm people. Would go back again in a heartbeat but we like to seek new destinations!! Whatever bug they had (maybe they all got it from a plane) is most certainly gone. The weather was perfect, hot and sunny, one day got to 53 degrees cecius, they pour strong drinks (pina coladas are a laxitive to many) and you are eating tons of new foods....some people get sick maybe??!! None of us did though!!! Worried for absolutely nothing!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

That's fantastic Beachbummum! Glad to hear everything was good! I kind of thought it may have been someone on the plane we were on that my have passed something on to everyone else. Kind of sad it ruined my vacation though : (

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
869 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

Yes it is a bummer when something happens to everyone! I remember a few years back there was something going on in Punta Cana at a particular chain and then everyone was catching it on the planes....who knows?? I don't know if it was hotel or plane but thankfully we were all fine....a lot of their restaurant crew wore face masks, have never seen that before but certain staff did in the restaurants...of course we were thinking it was because of the previous sickness. They sprayed every table down between seatings with a special spray. I used hand sanitizer all day long just in case though!

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

Very good news to hear that your vacation was problem free! Whatever the issue was when we were there, I hope they've resolved it once and for all because it's otherwise a fabulous place and we would love to go back someday. As someone pointed out previously it's been a recurring thing so it probably wasn't something from the plane. From what I observed when I was there, they really did seem to be trying to keep everything clean, sanitary and safe, including the food, and so hopefully they've got the problem under control now.

ldn
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

Hey Bum ,Your livin a dream world........I

Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

4 of us just came back and none of us got sick - didn't even hear anyone else we meet getting sick. We brought our own Bubba mugs and the bartenders rinsed them out and we didn't have a problem. The water in our rooms ran clear - not brown.

We used bottled water in the room - for brushing our teeth and drinking. Other than that, we drank a lot of water in the dining rooms and at the bar as well as different mixed drinks.

The fact that there are many who don't get sick at all - I think may just have to do with different sensitivities.

Don't let that scare you out of a trip to this fabulous place .. but be ready for the humidity at this time of year.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

4 of us just came back and none of us got sick - didn't even hear anyone else we meet getting sick. We brought our own Bubba mugs and the bartenders rinsed them out and we didn't have a problem. The water in our rooms ran clear - not brown.

We used bottled water in the room - for brushing our teeth and drinking. Other than that, we drank a lot of water in the dining rooms and at the bar as well as different mixed drinks.

The fact that there are many who don't get sick at all - I think may just have to do with different sensitivities.

Don't let that scare you out of a trip to this fabulous place .. but be ready for the humidity at this time of year.

28. Re: Is everyone getting sick at the Royal Decameron??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 05, 2010