We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best block of rooms at Decameron for someone in their 70's?

Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best block of rooms at Decameron for someone in their 70's?

I have seen different descriptions of rooms here, but I'm trying to find out what would be best for my mom (78). She's pretty fit, likes to hike still, but I don't want her to have to climb a lot of stairs everyday. Any suggestions?

Ingersoll, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best block of rooms at Decameron for someone in their 70's?

If you want a room on a higher floor but don't want to climb a lot of stairs, you will want a room in one of the towers. Building 3 or 4, they have elevators if you don't want to climb the stairs. It is a GREAT place, I know that you will enjoy your time there.

Edited: 8:51 pm, March 04, 2010
Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best block of rooms at Decameron for someone in their 70's?

Thanks for that information. Do the tower blocks have balconies or terraces? Any particular floor that you can suggest for a great view?

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best block of rooms at Decameron for someone in their 70's?

If you want a good view - anything above second floor. Second floor views are obstructed by the palm trees.

Many of the balconies do not have a full view due to the way they are built....don't go all the way out to the end of the side walls.

Hopefully no one has a fear of closed spaces. The elevators are extremely tiny.

Tower blocks have terraces on the ground level and full balconies higher. Be aware that if you request higher floor - they consider the second floor as such.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best block of rooms at Decameron for someone in their 70's?

Thanks for your valuable information .. can't wait to go!

5. Re: Best block of rooms at Decameron for someone in their 70's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 02, 2010