We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moosehead Moss?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Moosehead Moss?

I have heard about Moosehead Moss that is apparently found only near Moosehead and one other place in Africa. Can anyone tell me if this is true and if so, where would I drive to see it? I think it may be on Highway 7, close to Moosehead? (last year in Iceland, I found ball algae that grows only in Iceland and Japan so driving a bit to see a moss would be no problem at all!)

Eastern Shore, Nova...
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Moosehead Moss?

Thank you, yes. We've neglected the web site I'm afraid in favour of the social media. Please refer to our website for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.

2014 - Salmon River House is alive and well and under new ownership. It was purchased by the lovely German couple who cooked for Memory Lane in Lake Charlotte and will be opening soon for the 2014 season. Alas, yes, Webber's is still closed and still for sale. Great opportunity to pick up a long standing business in a super location.

Sheet Harbour...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Moosehead Moss?

different moss indeed... there is no where else i have ever smelled the kind of stink that comes off moosehead beach.

if you really want to get a strong smell of it, i would suggest a trip on a hot june-early july day. there will still be a large deposit of it left on the beach from the winter surges, and it will be composting quite nicely.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Moosehead Moss?

I was told couple of weeks ago it had sold.

14. Re: Moosehead Moss?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, April 08, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Halifax Region