We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

Considering Caravan tour of Nova Scotia. Has anyone been? How was the pace, accommodations?

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,109 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154967-i326-k75035…

If you are on your own then a tour may be good, but most people rent a car or drive here to have more flexibility.

Winnipeg
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

Please check out this web site

There is a brief description of the trip

http://www.suddenlysenior.com/novascotia.html

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

Just finished. I would highly recommend it.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,109 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

Intlpvti, thanks for posting. Could you give us some details about why you liked this tour? Where did you go?

Winnipeg
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

Yes please give us some details I am leaving in two weeks on this tour and would like to have your feed back

Central Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

We are considering the trip for June 2012. Questions.

Do you get to make frequent stops to view the scenery?

Is there too much leisure time in the little towns?

Any other pros and cons of the trip? Thanks.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

It was a nice and complete overview. I have taken several Caravan Tours and have always been pleased. If I did Nova Scotia again I would rent a car and do it myself. I don't like the on and off coach business much, but it is certainly hassle free.

wee812
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

Just returned from Caravan Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island/New Brunswick and would recommend this tour to anyone who does not want to drive (at least the first time). There really isn't much down time as our tour guide filled in the blanks nicely. The scenery is lovely, the stops fantastic; all in all a great time. If you are fortunate enough to have Sandi Wheaton as your tour director be sure to ask to see her art work and her booklets specific to this trip. Wish I had seen them first rather than trying to take my notes on scraps of paper! Regardless she is a talented artist along with being a special tour director. And if Gelasius is your driver - well, just be sure to listen to the stories!

wee812
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

Just returned from Caravan Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island/New Brunswick and would recommend this tour to anyone who does not want to drive (at least the first time). There really isn't much down time as our tour guide filled in the blanks nicely. The scenery is lovely, the stops fantastic; all in all a great time. If you are fortunate enough to have Sandi Wheaton as your tour director be sure to ask to see her art work and her booklets specific to this trip. Wish I had seen them first rather than trying to take my notes on scraps of paper! Regardless she is a talented artist along with being a special tour director. And if Gelasius is your driver - well, just be sure to listen to the stories!

israel
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nova Scotia Caravan Tours

Dear wee812

Thank you for your report. We are going to do this tour at oct. In which hotels did you stay in Halifax? and how were they? We are coming to Halifax a day before the tour and stay one more day after the tour and thought to book at the same hotels.

Thank you

Ronit

Get answers to your questions about Halifax Region