We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco - Day trips from Agadir to Cassablanca

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Morocco - Day trips from Agadir to Cassablanca

Hey

My husband & I are going to Agadir for 5 days and wondering if its worth doing a day trip to Cassablanca or go and stay the night? Has anyone ever been to Agadir? Do you know if you would be able to pay a taxi drive however much money & have them drive you to Cassablanca for the day like a personal tour?

We have done this before in Thailand basically we paid a taxi drive a decent amount to drive us from Bangkok about 2 - 3 hours east for a day and they drove us around anywhere.

Please let me know if you have any comments !!!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,667 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco - Day trips from Agadir to Cassablanca

Hi,

You can certainly arrange day trips by grand taxi in Morocco, as you say by negociating the price beforehand or you can arrange trips through your hotel. I would suggest however you visit Marrakech instead for a day or overnight stay. Casablanca fans may disagree with me but I think you would find Marrakech much more interesting.

If you go onto the Agadir forum and click on the "Things to do" and "Travel Guide" tabs on the left of the page you'll find all you could want to know about Agadir.

Edited: 2:29 pm, January 10, 2011
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,823 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco - Day trips from Agadir to Cassablanca

CTM or Supratours bus to Marrakech, with an overnight stay somewhere near the centre. The return bus fare will probably be less than 200dh each.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco - Day trips from Agadir to Cassablanca

A daytrip to Casablanca is too far, it takes 3 hrs to Essaouira or 3 to 4 hrs to Marrakech by road. I've hired a grand taxi from Taghazout to Essaouira before, or you can get an air conditioned bus from Agadir (Suprators/CTM) really cheaply. It's easy to get to Taroudant from Agadir, only 1 hour away which is a little Marrakech. However I strongly recommend a trip to Essaouira with it's walled Medina and big artist's community, and although lots of alleys and narrow streets, not so bad you get lost. Agadir is not particlularly atrtactive in terms of traditional Morocco, but there is a lovely garden and cafe near the central post office, the small animal zoo is ok, and the souk fine for shopping. It's worth a visit to the nature reserve on the edge of Agadir near the big hotels with golf courses on the way to Inezgane, we went on a camel trip out into the nature reserve and saw lots of wild birds including flamingos. Buses run from Taghazout to Agadir for about 50p but can be busy on the way back and not comfortable, or share taxis quite cheaply. If you go into Rachid's shop in Taghazout you can book a taxi and they might help with daytrips with a grand taxi. We got a taxi to Essaouira one way for £30 with 4 of us in the car, so only £15 each rtn worth it for your own timetable. Hope this helps

Merseyside. United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Morocco - Day trips from Agadir to Cassablanca

hi, I'm still trying to arrange a trip to see our daughter. She is in dock for one day in Casablanca.We are staying in Agadir and wondered if we could drive there and staying over ?

Could we get somewhere cheap to stay ?

What is it like to drive there ?

Thank you

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morocco - Day trips from Agadir to Cassablanca

Hi, Im sorry we didnt end up going in the end my husband broke his foot so we had to lose our flights & bookings !! But we are hoping rebook for this year, good luck

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,667 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Morocco - Day trips from Agadir to Cassablanca

Hi Lynne C,

You can easily hire a car and drive to Casablanca to meet up with your daughter. The drive is straightforward but will take some time. Cheap accommodation is available. Have a look in the Hotels tab on the left of the page of the Casablanca forum.

7. Re: Morocco - Day trips from Agadir to Cassablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Taghazout
More Taghazout Topics