We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Memorial cup on May 20 and 21. What area to stay in

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
199 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Memorial cup on May 20 and 21. What area to stay in

oing to memorial cup on May 20th and 21 st. What area should I look for a hotel in and any recomendations. Something close to resturants and bars is nice. Maybe continental breakfast . And somewhere safe we dont have to worry about the car at night. Thanks

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Memorial cup on May 20 and 21. What area to stay in

I would suggest staying in the downtown area. I would feel safe at any of the downtown hotels. There are lots of restaurants and bars that are within easy walking distance. The Sheraton, Bessborough, Raddison, Hilton Garden Inn are in the downtown area and close to bars, shopping and restaurants. The Parktown and Holiday Inn Express are on the edge of downtown and it's a bit of a walk to get into the downtown area.

The airport area has several hotels, but you would have to drive if you wanted to eat outside of the hotel.

If you love your car and don't want to worry about it, the Raddison has underground parking and I have found it to be very secure. Personally, I work downtown and never worry about parking my car. Saskatoon downtown is pretty safe.

2. Re: Going to Memorial cup on May 20 and 21. What area to stay in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 29, 2014