We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest driving route Regina to Fargo ND

Saskatoon, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Fastest driving route Regina to Fargo ND

I need to drive from Regina to Fargo ND. What is the fastest route to get there? I have been told to take Hwy #1 to Winnipeg and head south on Interstate 29 rather than go south from Regina through Minot. The distance is further but the speed limit is higher with fewer towns that slow you down. Has anyone traveled both routes?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest driving route Regina to Fargo ND

Can't you google map both routes???

Saskatoon, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest driving route Regina to Fargo ND

Google maps show driving time based on distance but do not seem to take into account speed limts or the number of small towns you need to drive through at reduced speeds. All long distance drivers know those are the time wasters that make some shorter routes the worst ones to take.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastest driving route Regina to Fargo ND

I've only travelled the route from Winnipeg, but it's fine. That would be the route I would pick, mostly because it's pretty much all divided highway if you go that way.

Edited: 6:12 pm, September 19, 2012
4. Re: Fastest driving route Regina to Fargo ND

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 19, 2013