We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment/Condo Acommodation in Quebec City

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Apartment/Condo Acommodation in Quebec City

Hi all trippers,

Happy New Year to you all...

Travelling to QC in December with 4 of us and was wondering if there is any apartments/condos that are available as alternative places to stay rather than the usual hotels.

We did this in NYC last December and found it was a lot better arrangement.

If anyone has any good websites that outline Apartments, they could recommend that would be fantastic!!!!

Happy 2007,

Jez....

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment/Condo Acommodation in Quebec City

Hey jezkim

As you're writing your post on Dec 31, I assume you mean that you intend to visit Québec City in December 2007?

There is a place called "Maison des Ursulines" that has been sugested a couple of times on this forum, with positive feedback. It is located very close to Québec's landmark (Château Frontenac) in Upper Town, but secluded in a small curvy street that makes it a quiet place to stay, away from any street noise. You would think you are in Europe there : ) There is a mini-square just in front of it, with a tiny monument. I will copy/paste a post by TA member named tellurian, who is a frequent visitor to the city, and maintains a list of alternative places to hotels for friends:

Quote:

"You can find the listing for the Maison des Ursulines on vrbo.om (vacation rental by owner): http://www.vrbo.com/77520 I have not stayed there, but I know the location is great. My husband and I have stayed twice during winter carnival at this apartment: http://www.vrbo.com/48197 The landlord, Tim Maheras has other apartments in QC as well. We really enjoyed the apartment and its super location for carnival. Other times we like to stay in Lower Town, where we are among the many fans of the Hotel Dominion 1912. Here are other apartment properties we know about:

Studios d'Auteuil: Did not stay here, but found as a late-available accommodation for some friends traveling as a couple with a baby and an adult friend. Had a nice ground floor apartment with a separate bedroom and living room/pullout bed arrangement, kitchen, fireplace, private bathroom. Has advantage of being close to Carnaval grounds. www.auxstudiosdauteuil.com/index.php…

La Maisonette: owned by B&B la Marquise de Bassano: right on rue des Grisons behind the Château Frontenac has 3 double beds- 1 downstairs, one upstairs on landing and another a few more steps up; has coffeemaker, fridge and microwave, T.V. and phone; shower bathroom on downstairs level. Lots of space, though all open, i.e. no walls between beds. Very nice tucked-in location, but central.(The couple has other apartments and a real B&B, so ask. They speak English.) http://www.krazymoose.com/kmqc1037.asp

Appartements de Pierre: run by same management as Le Château de Pierre, both near Chateau Frontena; apartments are from roomy studios to 1-bedrooms+living room with pullout bed; all have full kitchen equipment; very nice. We were very comfortable here. www.quebecweb.com/chateaupierre/introang.html

We have also visited their hotel property and it is lovely too: quebecweb.com/chateaudepierre/introang.html

Au Manoir Sainte-Geneviève & Les Appartements Sainte-Geneviève: stayed here years ago and friends have more recently; great location across square from Château Frontenac; choose rooms or apartments with kitchenettes. http://www.quebecweb.com/msg/introang.html

I keep a collection of these alternative-to-hotel accommodations to share with friends and on forums. I hope that I will not draw ire like Eirelover and NorthernDecorator just did about their recommendations! I am not compensated by any of the hotel or apartment managers; I simply appreciate shared information from others when I plan trips and like to reciprocate as well as put in a good word for good places to help keep them in business until I can return."

Hope it helps!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment/Condo Acommodation in Quebec City

Hello.

Check out Hotel Le Priori....they have a few apartment type accomodations.

Good luck!

3. Re: Apartment/Condo Acommodation in Quebec City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 22, 2009