We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Rue du Trésor

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
La Rue du Trésor

Hello/Bonjour.

To eirelover or anyone else who may know:

Are there artists still showing their work on La Rue du Trésor? I just came across an article, while reading information about Quebec City and it mentioned, there are many artists on this street showing their works. If this is the case I am wondering how I missed this street, while we were in the city a few weeks ago.

Many thanks in advance.

n/d

Ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Rue du Trésor

Hi n/d,

Yes, they are still showing their work on that street. We just left QC last Sat. and they were there the whole time we were there. I believe that street was very close to the Funicular. It is a street off of St. Anne. It was close to the area where there were lots of artists drawing portriats of people. Their art work was magnificent!!

cmgtravels

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Rue du Trésor

Thank you so much for that info cmg. I am assuming they will not be there in the winter, but will most definitely check it out next summer.

Regards...

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Rue du Trésor

Hi northerndecorator!

You certainly passed this street if you ever walked around Place d,Armes, this small park east of Château Frontenac. Can you picture yourself to the east of the Château? While you turn your back to it and look through this circular park, towards the block where, on one corner to your right, stands an inn doubled with a restaurant and terrace with a very brilliant red rooftop (see it at http://www.quebecweb.com/aubergedutresor/introang.html) , and farther on, there is a white 3 storey-building that houses the Tourist Office. Well, the section where artwork is sold is a tiny stretch of the Rue du Trésor (the street itself ends underneath the château), between Ste-Anne St and Buade. If you were standing at the corner of Ste-Anne and were looking eastward through the Rue du Trésor, you would see the western side of the Basilica. It is very short.

And the artists themselves are not so likely to sell their work on the street, but have people working for them.

You may see the 1st brave ones in springtime, when there are some mellow (kinda) days. Otherwise in May, til late October, even November , weather permitting.

*sigh* you have one more reason to come back to Québec, ND !!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Rue du Trésor

Eire....thank you for your post. I know exactly where this street is, now that you and cmgtravels have described it. I do recall after a lot of thinking, that our first visit to QC we were there. I can not believe we have missed it, since then!! I must need new glasses!! In defense, so I don't feel completely silly, we do not spend a whole lot of time in that area.

I guess as you mentioned, we'll just have to come back (double sigh).

Regards...

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Rue du Trésor

ND, did you also miss this store selling wools and mohairs from Scotland, a stone's throw from Rue du Trésor ;-?

tsk tsk tsk ... one more reason to come back ...

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Rue du Trésor

Eire...yes I missed that one also.

Sheesh, that makes me angry! Makes me wonder what else I missed.

Just think...I will have so much more to look forward to when I already thought I had enough to look forward to.

Can you tell me the answer to this question...Do you know the name of the restaurant across the road from the Dominion Hotel? It would be across from where the hotel's parking lot would be. It has a patio facing the street where all the antique stores are. i know you will think ....well that could be any of about ten restaurants, but it is the one across from the hotel's parking lot. Thx so much in advance!

n/d

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Rue du Trésor

NDeco, I cannot see which restaurant you're talking about. I will check it next time I'm in the area, and answer here, ok ?

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Rue du Trésor

Thanks Eire...I am still trying to find it as well...if I find it on line, I will let you know.

Have a great day and as always...thank you so much.

n/d

9. Re: La Rue du Trésor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 17, 2009