We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel parking in Quebec City

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel parking in Quebec City

I noticed in one of the forums on the Hotel Capitole in Quebec City, that the parking there would be $17/day. Since that's where we'll be staying, are there any alternatives in that area for parking? Do all the hotels charge that much or just some? We don't mind walking a little ways to save the money. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks very much.

Maine
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel parking in Quebec City

Hi xine1123, My wife and I just returned from Quebec City Friday Aug, 4. We stayed in Ste Foy, about 7 miles west of downtown QC.

Our parking was free but when we drove into town the parking situation was frustrating at best. The posted signs are very confusing and metermaids are prowling. We parked at the capital building and paid $16.00 for four hours. Get ready for extremely high prices, unfriendly faces, and low ceiling hights. Hope this helps.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel parking in Quebec City

Now you understand one of the reasons why a car is a bit of a nuisance in Old Québec ...

The underground parking under the government building nearby (''Édifice Marie-Guyart'' -- locally called ''Complexe G'') would charge $12. There is another underground parking just across the street from Le Capitole (where chances are the hotel's management parks the cars anyway), at Place d'Youville -- I do not know how they charge for 24 hours though.

Other than that, I know of 2 public parking lots farther away, where you buy tickets according to the length of parking -- $6 for a 12 hours period, $12 for 24 hours. Problem is: you have to be there at a proper time to get a parking space, because they are very much coveted, by civil servants working all around, by hotels, and tourists.

When are you coming? I may check out the daily fare at Place d'Youville's underground parking for you.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel parking in Quebec City

Glenn00441: may I ask why you are saying ''get ready for unfriendly faces and low ceiling heights'' ?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel parking in Quebec City

This is actually not a bad price. I have been in Quebec all summer, and have yet to pay less than $14 for parking. We stay outside the city, so couldn't say what 24 hrs parking would be, but the difference is already minimal. And yes, low ceiling heights ARE a problem if you drive a Honda Pilot or similar (ie. some SUV's); very limited underground parking with that kind of clearance. Be happy your hotel offers parking and just enjoy - it's a wonderful city, with wonderful people.

Mentioned in this post
Quebec
Quebec
Canada
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel parking in Quebec City

Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply with your tips and advice. "Firelover", we're coming in on the 23rd for 3 nights. It looks like I should just pay the hotel rate, and not waste my time looking for an alternative. Thanks again everyone.

6. Re: Hotel parking in Quebec City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 16, 2009